36. You're Talking Nonsense for Its Prenatal Education

Bob was impatient.

But for Rose's superstition, he would have told his parents and friends that she was pregnant, so that everybody could share their happiness.

The superstitious Rose believed that her pregnancy should remain a secret until three months later, just in case.

Thus, Bob had no choice but to wait.

Three months finally went by.

Bob brought Rose home as soon as she finished her prenatal check-up.

He could not wait to tell his parents the good news.

His parents, especially Maisie, were very happy.

Instead of looking for a girlfriend, her son used to fool around and hang about with a gang of men.

One day, Maisie heard that if a boy often hung around with other boys, then he was probably uninterested in girls.

This shocked her so much that she had a special discussion with her husband about it.

But Yates laughed at her for all the fuss.

He said that his son could not be a gay.

However, Maisie was still uneasy and asked, "What if he does have the problem?"

Yates stared at Maisie and said, "How is it possible that a boy like him, without any trauma since childhood, has the problem?"

"But people say that it's not normal for a boy of his age not to have a girlfriend."

Yates said wryly, "Didn't he have a girl he liked before?"

"That's what he told us, but have you met her in person?"

Yates thought for a moment and realized that he had indeed never met her before.

Maisie said in a deep voice, "Yates, we have only one son. If he really has the problem, what should we do?"

After a long silence, Yates said, "It is good to have someone he likes. I'll feel satisfied as long as he doesn't play the field and feels happy. For our family, we needn't necessarily his marriage to have a grandson, and his own happiness is the best thing. Hopefully fortune will smile on him. I believe him, and you'd better stop worrying yourself."

...

Thinking about the past, Maisie was so excited now that she couldn't help but want to cry.

She had already prepared herself to accept that her son was not straight.

Then her son gave her a big surprise, her daughter-in-law.

Originally, she had assumed that her dream of being a grandmother would be delayed, as her son was likely to fool around for more years.

Surprisingly, her grandchild was due.

She now felt that the young couple were not only well matched, but they also did things to her satisfaction.

During dinner, Maisie kept picking dishes for Rose and enquired after her, while Yates remained grave as he always did....

Seeing this, Bob raised his hand to touch Rose's belly.

He then said, "Look, my baby, your grandpa is pulling a face at your mom. Don't get close to him after you are born. Being close to Daddy is enough."

Yates shot him a sidelong glance, "You brat. You're talking nonsense for its prenatal education."

Bob said with a cheeky grin, "I didn't wrong you. It's a miracle that Rose manages to eat while looking at your face. If I were in her place, I could never make it."

Rose turned to slide Bob an accusing glance.

She was kind of speechless for her husband's provocation.

She smiled and nodded to Yates, "Dad, don't mind his nonsense. He's just joking."

Yates cleared his throat and said casually, "Alright. You should have more food. I'll have your mom take more dietary supplements to your house. If you need anything while it's inconvenient to tell Bob, tell your mom about it and treat yourself well."

Hearing this, Rose paused with chopsticks held in her hand.

She didn't feel awkward before, but now, she really felt it.

Nevertheless, it still felt good to be cared about by the whole family.

However, in this world, while some people were happy, there were always some others who were not.

While Rose was filled with happiness, Sage was enduring the hardships of life....

The moment she gave birth to the child, Zion disappeared from her world...

Her child was left unattended, and she herself was forbidden from living in the villa.

On a cold day, she went out of the hospital alone and braved the freezing wind all the way back to her old apartment.

After seeing what was inside the brown paper bag on the coffee table, her entire world collapsed...