48. You Are Abby!

The next day, Kenneth accompanied Miley to the supermarket.

The two shopping carts were packed with supplies.

They paid the bill and left.

When they reached the door, a man suddenly ran at them.

Kenneth quickly took Miley into his arms.

Miley was shaking with fear when she saw the man clearly.

"Abby, Abby..."

The man's eyes were dull. He went forward blankly and grasped her hand.

Miley was recoiled in horror, "You must be mistaking me for someone else. Let go!"

"No, I am not wrong. I know you. You're Abby."

Kenneth pushed the man away and looked angrily at the man, "If you dare try that again, I will make your life miserable! Get out of my face."

"Abby, I was wrong. Please, give me a chance. I disowned my family. I won't let you suffer any more, I swear."

The man pleaded as if he had not heard anything.

Miley's face paled and she ran away as if she had seen the plague.

"Let me warn you. She is my wife forever. I don't care who you are and your relationship. Back off! Get out of my face!"

Kenneth frowned and grabbed the man's collar.

After that, Kenneth also quickly left....

On the way home, Miley sat in the car and lapsed into a silence.

Both of them kept quiet. It seemed to have a tacit understanding between them.

In a moment, Kenneth's phone rang.

When Kenneth answered the phone, a man teased, "Kenneth, who do you think I saw in Singapore the day before yesterday."

Kenneth was reluctant to guess.

The person at the other end said excitedly, "I ran into Lily. You know her divorce? That is what she got for that! Heaven helped you!"

"Don't tell me such a thing. She had nothing to do with me anymore!" Kenneth said coldly.

After that, he hung up with icy calm.

The man's voice was loud, so Miley heard something.

Because of occupational habit, her first reaction was to analyze the information.

Marvin, Kenneth's best friend, was handsome, rich, and kind.

As for Lily, Miley had never heard of her before....

In the living room, Kenneth sat on the sofa and crossed his legs watching TV.

Miley washed the fruit for him. When she put it on the coffee table, her phone rang.

Since the call was from Mr. Gossip, Jeffrey who was Miley's uncle, she bit into her cucumber and answered the phone at the other side of the sofa.

"What's up? You missed me after only a day?"

Kenneth, out of the corner of his eyes, looked at Miley.

He had never seen such a good relationship between the uncle and his niece?

...

Kenneth didn't know what Jeffrey had said, but Miley was brought up short.

Kenneth was silent for a while.