74. I Don't Want to See You Any More!

Miley picked up the gift from Kenneth and handed it back to him.

"Mr. Moore, I hope you will not show your face again in the rest of my life. I'm not your wife, and you're not my husband. I'm getting married soon. Please don't ruin my happiness just because you've mistaken me for someone else."

His face turned stony.

She did not pretend to be unfeeling to him.

"Miley, I..."

"Please call me Miss Davis! " Miley said coldly, insisting on stuffing the gift into his hand.

"I want to rest. Could you leave now?"

When finishing her words, she glanced coldly at him and returned to her room.

Kenneth took a good look at the place where they were living.

It wasn't a large house.

It was only forty to fifty square meters according to his measurement by sight.

There was only one bedroom and a small living room.

It was clean and tidy, though.

"Have you lived here all the time?"

Daren raised his hand and said happily, "Yes, we have lived here since I was born. Uncle Moore, come and try the sweet and sour pork cooked by my mother. It's delicious."

Kenneth smiled and said, "Your mother's steak is even better. Have you ever tried that?"

"Really? I didn't know that. She has never made it for me!"

Daren felt it was a pity.

"What about spaghetti? She also made good spaghettis."

Daren pouted, "I don't like noodles. My mother has never made them, but how did you know?"

Kenneth smiled and said, "You can ask your mother."

Daren took a mouthful of rice and said, "You are strange."

Kenneth thought for a moment and asked, "Why is your mother in a bad mood?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why?"

Kenneth deliberately provoked him, "Oh, I see. You're lying. Your mother is not in a bad mood. "

"No, I didn't."

Daren shook his head and looked at Kenneth seriously.

"Several bad old men came to scold my mother just now because they didn't want her to marry Mr. Jones. They gave her a piece of paper, saying that a poor girl like her should be content with that. My mother was very upset."

Being prevented to be with Adam, there was no need to be sad, silly.

"Who are those people?"

"I don't know neither. Maybe they are Mr. Jones' father's people. Mom once mentioned that he didn't like her."

"Really? You know, Miley could not live a happy life if Jones' family does not like her. How about you doing something to end their relationship?"

Kenneth laughed secretly in his heart.

'Heaven is on my side!'

"But I like Mr. Jones. I want him to be my father."

"You can't just choose someone as your father. Parents are the ones who gave you your life."

Daren put down his bowl and chopsticks and said worriedly, "Mr. Moore, your words ruined my appetite."

Before Kenneth could say anything, Daren picked up the bowl and chopsticks again.