97. I Love You!

Miley stared, "You don't believe me?"

"No, I mean, I haven't seen her since the restaurant incident. That time you came back to New York with me when Grandma passed away, it was the first time we met each other in five years. I remember that clearly."

Kenneth hated Lily.

Why would he see her?

Let alone have her answer his phone.

At that time, to him, there was only Miley.

He wouldn't spare any attention for anyone else.

"What I said is true. It was the phone call that made me drop the idea of coming back to you after I escaped from danger."

Miley lowered her eyes.

Memories came surging back to her.

The phone call five years ago still caused pain.

She mustered up the courage to dial Kenneth's number and finally get connected after the phone rang over and over again.

She said in the very intense mood holding the phone, "Kenneth, Kenneth, it's me, Miley, hurry up and save me! I'm so scared!"

She got no response from the other side of the phone.

"Kenneth, are you there?"

In the telephone booth, she gripped the phone in fear.

"Kenneth is taking a shower. This is Lily."

A voice came from the phone.

She still remembered the frivolous and disdainful tone of the woman's voice.

"You ... why are you with Kenneth?"

She questioned with her trembling voice.

"Huh, Miley, Miley, are you really stupid or what? I'm the mother of Kenneth's son and his first love."

Her voice was a thorn in Miley's side.

"I told you long ago that Kenneth loves me, but you didn't believe it. I told him before that he can hook up with a girl like you without getting involved. Kenneth is always discreet. Do you really think you are young and can do anything?Last time I came here for you, I told you to get lost. But you didn't listen, and that's why you end up like this."

Lily paused, then continued, "You must have shown Kenneth the file I showed you then. Did you tell him that I found you and showed you the file? Kenneth has told me everything. Actually, he was the one who hired someone to expose your past."

Lily sneered, "Didn't I say that he is too kind to directly push you away? So he had to do it this way. But you are surprisingly tough. Last time, Kenneth told me he was fed up with a silly girl like you. You are so clingy and annoying. So he needed to get rid of you as soon as possible to be reunited with our family."

...

"Miley..."

Kenneth shouted many times before Miley woke up from the memory.

She turned her sight to Kenneth on the bed beside her.

"What is it? I'm talking to you. I really haven't seen Lily before. I have my phone all the time, except..."

Kenneth was suddenly reminded of something and frowned, asking, "What did she say?"

"Except what?"

Miley caught the point.

There was an exception...

"Tell me first what she said."