126. I'll Grow Older with You!

Miley stared at the young man in the photo for a while and asked, "Mr. Moore? Is it you uncle when he was young?"

Kenneth nodded.

"But ... why would he..."

Miley frowned.

"Isn't that clear? He wants money."

Kenneth pulled Miley in his arms, "Miley, don't worry. I will keep Daren be safe even at the cost of my own life."

At this moment, Stanley knocked on the door.

"Mr. Moore, the meeting place is settled on."

"Come in!"

Kenneth's face sank.

Stanley walked in and stood in front of Kenneth.

"Mr. Moore, Miller asked us to park our car at South Mountain Square near the deserted lake. The driver have to leave as soon as the car is parked. As long as he gets the money, he will tell us where Daren is."

Kenneth gritted his teeth and said, "Do as he asked."

What a cunning old fox!

Miller knew that there were no cameras around the deserted lake.

That's why he was so brazen and unscrupulous.

"Mr. Moore, shall we leave someone to guard us?"

Kenneth shook his head, "No need. You find me two drivers."

"Mr. Moore, is that your plan?"

Kenneth looked serious and said, "Our car is parked next to the station. Anyone who wants to leave the lakes have to come through the station. As long as we see the business car coming out, we'll follow it. There's one thing I have to do."

"Mr. Moore, it might be dangerous. Are you sure?"

Kenneth nodded, "I will be fine. Then you save Daren with Miley. Call me when Daren is safe. I'll make a move after that."

Miley looked at Kenneth.

He seemed to look death calmly in the face.

She suddenly felt afraid.

Kenneth said he would be fine.

But why was she so afraid for him?

She reached out to hold Kenneth's hand.

"Kenneth, don't do anything dangerous. If there's something wrong with you, I can't survive on my own."

Kenneth kissed Miley on the forehead.

"Don't worry, Miley. Even if the world is coming to an end, I will grow older with you."

She believed in Kenneth.

But why did she have a bad feeling about that?

Kenneth left by car.

Miley went up to the second floor to be with Beck.

She felt she got butterflies in her stomach.

Stanley came in from time to time to tell her the latest news.

The business car with the money arrived at the lake.

Kenneth's driver also parked the car at the appointed place.

However, Miller did not come up.

Thus the night passed, and the car did not move.

Miley couldn't sleep for the whole night and waited till the next morning.

Amy was always by her side to comfort her.

But in the next evening, even Amy lost her cool.

She began to walk back and forth in the living room.

Miley sat on the sofa with glazed eyes.

Stanley felt that Miley seemed to lack energy.

He poured her a cup of hot milk, but how could Miley have the appetite?

"Stanley, why haven't I heard from Kenneth? Why didn't Miller tell us where Daren is? Would he have hurt Daren? Do you think Daren is in danger?"

Miley looked as if she was in a trance.

Stanley didn't know how to comfort her.

Because he didn't know Miller, nor did he know his plan.

Why didn't Miller tell them Daren's whereabouts after being given the ransom?

Amy, who had always been comforting Miley, started to feel upset and nervous.

Amy clenched her hands and it took her a long time to gather her courage.

She said to Miley, "Mrs. Moore, I'm really worried. Miller is a badass. Back then, he even dared to stab his own brother. How cruel and ruthless! Daren is his brother's grandson, not even as close as his brother to him. Since he could hurt his own brother, he is more likely to hurt Daren."

Amy's words shocked Miley.

Stanley said coldly, "Amy, how dare you shoot your mouth off?"

After Amy finished speaking, she realized that Mrs. Moore's expression changed.

She quickly held her hand up to her mouth and said, "Mrs. Moore, Daren will be fine. Daren is a good boy, so he will be protected by Heaven."

"Yes, Mrs. Moore. No news is good news. Be patient, otherwise..."

Stanley was speaking when the phone rang.

Stanley hurriedly picked it up, "Hello?"

There was no answer on the other side.

"Hello?"

Stanley said tentatively again and turned to Miley with a puzzled look.

Miley's heart flew up into her mouth.

She clasped her hands together in fear.

"Hello, this is View Villa. May I ask who you are?"

Finally, after a long silence, the person on the other side replied...