85. A Burglary!

Miley bit her lips and covered her eyes in pain.

She really didn't want to recall that scene anymore."Tell me what exactly happened? Don't you love Kenneth?"

Miley began to shed tears again."I love him very much, indeed very much. I thought he was the last one that I could resort to, but actually he was also the last straw that crushed me. The other day, he ... ran away with Lily during the chaos, but he left me alone in the restaurant ... He abandoned me!"

Jeffery gazed at his niece, feeling really bad.

He reached out his hands to hug her and patted her shoulder gently, "Alright, stop crying. Now, everything is over."

Miley nodded.

Yeah, it's all over.

There's no need to look back....

At dawn, the alarm clock woke Miley up.

She suddenly recalled that there was someone else at home and that was her uncle.

This gave her a sense of security.

She helped Daren get dressed, and then went to cook while he was washing up.

However, the moment she entered the living room, she found that the dishes were already on the table.

"Well, Uncle Jeffery. I feel like I'm back to 25."

Miley was so excited.

She trotted towards the table, picked up a piece of shredded pickled vegetables, and swallowed it.

"Well!"

She looked delighted, "That's the taste. I've missed it for many years."

Jeffery smiled and said, "Alright, no more compliment. Hurry up and eat. After breakfast, I'm going out to look for a job. I'll have to live here for the time being. Can you provide for me temporarily?"

"You don't have to find a job in haste. My salary can totally afford our expenditure. Please help me take care of Daren during these days. I've just changed my position recently, so I don't have much time to be with him."

Jeffery was surprised, "Well, is this still my greedy niece? Why am I so unaccustomed to hearing this?"

Miley rolled her eyes at him. Her uncle still enjoyed kidding around.

After breakfast, Miley drove Jeffery and Daren to the kindergarten.

She got a pick-up pass for Jeffery, and left the car at his disposal.

As for herself, she took a taxi to the office....

Not long after she started working, her phone rang.

"Miley, it's me."

"Uncle Jeffery?"

Miley was surprised, "Did you get a new phone number?"

"Don't bother about this. Something bad happened at home. Hurry up and come back."

"What happened? Don't worry. Speak slowly."

Miley had already stood up.

"There's been a thief at home."

"What?"

Miley hung up the phone, and Kenneth had already stood up as well.

"Your uncle? Did you get in touch with him? What happened?"

"Mr. Moore, I need to take a moment off."

Miley tried to remain calm.Kenneth stood up and said, "Sure. Where are you going? I'll come with you."