106. Will You Be Nice With Miley for the Rest of Your Life?

At two in the morning.

Miley was still lying quietly without any signs of waking up.

Adam came back.

Kenneth turned around and gave him a cold look.

Then Kenneth said coldly, "Get out. We don't need an outsider."

Adam stood still.

Kenneth snorted.

"Do you want me to chase you away?"

Adam asked in a low voice, "Kenneth, will you be nice with Miley for the rest of your life?"

Kenneth was surprised.

Then he looked to Adam and said in a serious expression, "I will."

Adam looked down and smiled.

"Can we be friends in front of Miley?"

Kenneth stared at him without moving.

Adam stood in the cold wind all night.

Then he calmed down and thought through many things.

If he could get her, he wouldn't have waited for five years.

What was the point of asking her to marry him for gratitude?

Kenneth looked at Miley.

Remembering she was grateful to Adam, he did not refute.

"You saved my wife and son, and I am grateful to you. So, as long as we are not in the opposite, I can be your friend at any time."

Adam looked at Miley.

After a while, he nodded and turned around to leave.

Kenneth stared at Miley and held her hand with excitement.

"Miley, Adam has left. Open your eyes."

Miley slowly opened her eyes and said, "How do you know I'm awake?"

She was already awake when she heard someone opened the door.

When she heard Adam's voice, she pretended to be asleep for fear that Adam would feel guilty.

But she really didn't expect that Adam would think it through so quickly...

Kenneth said gently, "When I was talking to Adam, I noticed that your eyelids quivered a few times. But you didn't open your eyes, so I think you probably did it on purpose."

As he said, Kenneth bent over and hugged her tightly.

Then he said with difficulty.

"Baby, don't scare me like this anymore. You know that I'm not young. I can't afford such fear. I just managed to find you and I want to live a happy life with you for the rest of my life."

Miley smiled and nodded....

The next morning, Kenneth called Adam in person.

When Adam arrived at the hospital, Kenneth already left the ward.

Adam heaved a sigh of relief since he didn't see Kenneth in the ward.

He had something to tell Miley, but it would be inconvenient if Kenneth was here.

He was actually grateful to Kenneth for this.

"Adam, hi."

Miley looked at him as she lay on the bed with a smile.

"You are scared these days, right?"

Adam went to the bedside and sat down.

He reached out and held Miley's hand tightly.

"Miley, I'm sorry. I was too impulsive that day. I must be crazy to do that. But I didn't want to hurt you. Please believe me."

"I see. Adam, don't be sad. We have known each other for five years. Although you will not be my husband, I'm still closer to you than my relatives. So I know you very well. Even if you hurt your father, you won't hurt me."

"I just wanted to prove that I could do anything for you."

Miley drew her hand and then held his hand.

"I see. Adam, I understand you. I was too straightforward that day, so I upset you. I thought that a quick decision would save us from enduring pain. Rather than lying to you and hiding it from you, I'd better tell you the truth. Then everyone can be relieved earlier."

Adam pursed his lips and looked at her.

Miley still held his hand but he didn't say anything.

Miley pursed her lips and said, "I know you're not resigned to this result. You gave me your love for five years, but I broke your heart. I care about both you and Kenneth. You are my family, and he is my loved one. Can you stop hurting each other for me?"

Adam nodded. "Don't worry, I will."

...

The next day after Miley left hospital, Adam called her for dinner.

Miley brought Daren with her.

Adam didn't see Daren for a long time.

Upon seeing Adam, Daren called 'Mr. Jones' excitedly for more than ten times.

Miley even felt a little jealous.Daren sat on Adam's lap.

They whispered to each other for a long time.

Miley picked up the teacup and asked gently, "Adam, when will you go back to G City?"

"What's wrong? You don't want to see me?"

Adam raised his eyebrows and smiled.

"Of course not. I just asked casually. Don't you have nothing to do in New York recently?"

Adam pursed his lips and raised his eyebrows.

Then he sighed helplessly.

Miley asked worriedly, "It's hard to deal with the contract with Gabriel, right?"

"Kenneth has told you about the matter of the Jones Group, right?"

Miley nodded.

Gabriel shifted blame to the Jones Group for this cooperation, so it almost went bankrupt.

They couldn't stop the cooperation, so the situation of the Jones Group could only get worse...

Adam asked, "Did Kenneth tell you that he is cooperating with others to buy the Jones Group?"

Miley nodded.

She knew about it from the beginning.

"He mentioned a little, but don't think too much. They are not making trouble for you. They planned that when Gabriel began to target the Jones Group. And I asked him to do so."

"Now the Jones Group got into trouble. If you continue to cooperate with Gabriel, he will only bring you more debts, while he can easily profit from it."

"He is a businessman, so it's natural for him to do so. But business is business. After all, you are still partners now. We can only pull the Jones Group out of trouble first, then we can fight against the Robinson's Group."

"But don't worry. Even if we take away the Jones Group now, we will return it to you later. I agreed to this decision. You won't be angry about it, right?".

Adam shook his head with a smile.

"Of course not. Actually, I need to thank you. But since you have purchased it, just run it well. You don't need to give it back."

How could this be?

Miley looked at Adam with a gentle smile.

She didn't forget to repay his kindness....

On this day, Kenneth brought Miley, Hannah, and some others to a party.

From afar, Jeffrey pointed ahead and said in shock, "Miley, look over there."

Miley looked up and saw that it was Gabriel...