124. The Person He Was Reluctant to Let Go of Deep Down in His Heart

"Adam, the child in Janice's belly belongs to Gabriel."

"I know!" Adam nodded.

"You know I don't care about this. I can love Janice's child the same as I love Daren."

"Have you fallen in love with Janice?"

Miley said as she saw Adam's expression a bit fussing.

Adam shook his head, "She is very similar to you."

"This is why I am not in favor of your relationship, since she resembled me and our relationship failed, why do you want to try it again? Now Heidi is still waiting for you, but when Gabriel restart relationship with Janice, no one could be waiting for you anymore. Moreover, Heidi is no longer young, it's impossible for her to keep waiting for you for the rest of her life."

Adam gently stroked the coffee cup and lowered his eyes.

He said softly, "Miley, Heidi has already started blind dating."

"I know!" Miley nodded.

"She was starting to leave you. If a person treats Heidi well enough, time will help her fall in love with the person, is there any need for her to wait for you all the time?"

"I didn't expect her to stay always by my side and wait for me."

Miley held his hand and said, "Adam, I really do it for your own good. I'm afraid that you will regret it."

"Miley, I am not qualified to hinder Heidi's marriage or to stop her loving someone else. I have no right to do so."

Miley rolled her eyes speechlessly.

"You love Janice because she looks like me, right? Adam, do you remember you gave me the similar reason when you said you loved me back then? Because I'm very similar to your deceased wife. Do you think that you could change for Janice as you believed you could change for me before?"

Adam's expression suddenly grew solemn.

Miley sighed, "Adam, you shouldn't make it this way. Isn't there something wrong with your criteria for choosing a mate? You fell in love with me because I was like your wife, and you loved Janice because she resembled me.But after all, Janice and I both resembled your wife, so the person you can't let go of at the bottom of your heart is your wife, isn't it? If you want to start over, you shouldn't indulge in the past! That's unfair to Heidi who had loved you for so many years!If you don't care about her, then nothing seemed to matter. But if you feel a little uncomfortable seeing her on a blind date, then Adam, I advise you to take some actions and not to regret it."

Adam suddenly stood up and muttered, "Yes..."

Wasn't the woman he had been looking for all the time a substitute of his wife?

He shouldn't go on like this, his wife can't revive from death, neither should he indulge in the old times.

"Miley, I know what you mean. I will try to start a relationship with Heidi."

Miley smiled in surprise.

She looked at her watch and hurriedly said, "She is going on a blind date this afternoon and it seems that Heidi is satisfied with the man she will date. I suggest you try to stop her today."

Adam grabbed his coat and ran out, "I'll treat you to a wedding banquet later."

Miley pursed her lips and smiled with relief.

This trip to the G City was really worth it.

She stood up to leave.

Just then, her phone rang and Kenneth called.

She quickly answered, "Darling, I'm done here."

"Miley, stay in the coffee shop and wait for me. I'll pick you up right away."

Hearing Kenneth's anxious tone, Miley asked worriedly, "What happened? Is there anything wrong?"

"Something happened at home..."

Kenneth said in a deep and solemn voice.