89. Congratulations on your Engagement!

Miley felt embarrassed and stood behind Kenneth.

Kenneth smiled and said, "Mr. Jones, although the G City is your territory, you are going too far. Mind your own business."

"Am I?"

Rayan sneered, "Perhaps she will become my future daughter-in-law. As her future father-in-law, why can't I care for her?"

"Daughter-in-law? Are you sure?" Kenneth said with arm crossed.

"Oh, no wonder Mr. Moore didn't think about my words. It seems you don't know she is my son's girlfriend. Although I don't agree on it, she does keep on so."

More and more people arrived.

Hearing what Rayan said, Miley felt extremely awkward and wanted to leave.

But Kenneth stretched out his hand and naturally hugged Miley's shoulder.

"Mr. Jones, the people of G City say that you have great abilities. But now I don't think so. If I were you, I would properly investigate this woman. Besides, I believe Mr. Jones should know better than I about who is pestering. I'm afraid it's your son."

Kenneth sneered as he led Miley away.

Everyone could tell that he didn't buy Rayan at all.

Miley was actually very grateful to Kenneth for helping her vent her anger.

Seeing Miley snickering, Kenneth squinted his eyes and said, "Are you happy?"

"For what?"

Miley rolled her eyes at him.

"You know it."

But not long after, Miley saw a familiar figure walking over from the gate.

It was Adam.

A woman who looked the same age as he held his arm and walked together.

Adam did not notice Miley.

He led the woman to greet people on the banquet.

Seeing Miley was in embarrassment, Kenneth smiled faintly.

He didn't expect that Adam, who had never participated in commercial activities, would appear here.

A good show might be coming.

Miley dodged Adam and said to Kenneth, "Mr. Moore, I feel uncomfortable. Can we leave now?"

She didn't want Adam to see her embarrassment.

But Kenneth didn't think so.

He stood up and shook his partners' hands with a hearty laugh.

"My lady is a little uncomfortable. I'm afraid we have to leave. Let's meet another day."

Kenneth's voice was loud enough to attract Adam.

Adam turned around and saw Miley looking at him awkwardly.

He paused for a moment and quickly pulled his arm out of his female companion's arm.

"Adam, what's wrong?"

His female companion also turned around.

When she saw Miley, she instinctively raised her eyebrows.

Miley felt that it was truly embarrassing...

"Miley, why are you here?" Adam walked over.

"I'm Mr. Moore's companion. What about you?"

Adam cast a sharp glance at Kenneth and then looked at Miley.

Why was he here?

He just received a call from his father.

Rayan said that the Jones and the Vaughns had become partners, and Heidi was fond of Adam.

For the sake of the development of the two companies, Adam had to take Heidi to attend the charity banquet organized by the government tonight.

Otherwise, Rayan would not allow him to marry Miley.

What's more, Rayan also said that Miley would not be able to survive in New York if Adam didn't attend the banquet.

However, Adam didn't expect to run into Miley here.

Would Miley feel sad to see him with another woman?

"My dad said that as long as I..."

"Adam!" Rayan interrupted Adam.

Rayan stepped forward and said happily to the crowd, "Well, as all reporters and friends are here today, I would like to announce another important news. My son, Adam, is engaged to Miss Heidi. Our two families will have the strongest commercial marriage in G City."

As soon as he stopped, all the reporters moved flashlights to this side.

Adam was stunned.

He looked at his father in shock.

What did he say?

Heidi, who was standing beside Adam, walked to him naturally.

She held his arm and smiled at cameras.

Rayan hooked Adam's shoulder and also smiled at cameras.

He kept smiling as he whispered to Adam.

"Don't speak nonsense, or your loved woman will live hard."

Kenneth stood behind Miley and smiled faintly.

Rayan did flatter himself.

However, it helped Kenneth.

At this time, Rayan walked to Kenneth under the spotlight and said, "Mr. Moore, any congratulations?"

Kenneth raised his hand and said, "Congratulations, Mr. Jones. That way, Mr. Jones will have no opponent in G City."

Rayan shook his hand and said, "No, no, no. The market in G City belongs to everyone, but we Jones Family will be the busiest."

He leaned closer to Kenneth and said in a voice that only the two of them could hear.

"Boy, G City is still under my control. You're still too young."

Kenneth clenched Rayan tightly with the same strength and said in low voice.

"Looks like Mr. Jones really doesn't have much experience. Time makes it inevitable that in every profession, young men replace the old. Didn't you hear about it?"

After saying that, Kenneth let go of his hand and led Miley to Adam.

"Mr. Jones, congratulations on your engagement."

Adam gazed at Miley.

He shook his head and wanted to explain, "This is not the case."

Rayan approached, "Miss Davis, aren't you going to bless Adam?"

Miley raised his eyebrows and finally decided not to be a coward.

"Mr. Jones, why should we congratulate? Don't tell me that without our blessings, your son won't be happy."

Kenneth tried not to laugh.

He hugged Miley's shoulder and spoke in front of everyone.

"Since Mr. Jones has already announced a piece of good news, then I want to announce too, to satisfy our reporters."

The reporters immediately turned the cameras towards Kenneth.

Kenneth said with a smile, "I wonder if the reporters and friends present know that I lost my wife in a robbery five years ago. I have been looking for her through all ways for all these years. Finally, I have found my long-lost wife this year."

The reporters asked, "Where is Mr. Moore's wife now?"

Kenneth turned to look at Miley."It's her, besides me."

Miley couldn't open her eyes under the sustained flashlights.

She lowered her head and closed her eyes, feeling a little flustered.

'What was Kenneth doing? It's really in chaos...'