Turnabout Target (Final Part!!!!!)

(Y/N): Okay Knightley! You better confess!

Knightley: Fine! Don't say I didn't warn you!

Knightley's Testimony...

Knightley: I shot the balloon and entered the plane with Rooke and the president.
Rooke waited in the cabin while I led the president into the security room.
When I came out, Rooke was already on the ground...
The bullet that lady fired must have hit him while we escorted the president to the plane.
The shot was fired from the gun you found in the trash!

Edgeworth: So, you're saying you don't know exactly when the victim was shot?

Knightley: A knight's job isn't to protect the Rook. It's to protect the King!

Twilight: You selfish f-

(Y/N): Easy Twilight, cursing once per arc is better for you.

Knightley: But the President is safe anyway!

Rebuttal:

(Y/N): You really think that Nicole shot Rooke after you shot the balloon?

Knightley: I can't see it any other way.

Edgeworth: But the number of shots don't add up. Why? Because it's fake evidence.

Twilight and Kay: HUH?! Fake evidence?!

Edgeworth: Think about it. The criminal planted this for a reason. By finding the gun, we'd assume that the assassin was in the audience. In order to make us believe that the gun was used by the assassin... ...the gun needed to appear as if it had been fired twice.

Kay: I get it! Because two shots were fired during the incident!

Twilight: But we already proved that the bullet that hit the balloon did not come from this gun. Therefore, I have my doubts as to whether this gun also took Rooke's life.

Knightley: Enough with the song and dance. You've come this far, go ahead and say it!

Twilight: Fine! You're the one who killed Mr. Ethan Rooke, Horace Knightley!

Huang: No! Knightley couldn't have!

Edgeworth: De Killer wasn't the only one who took advantage of the fake assassination plot. You intended to murder Rooke and claim he was a victim of the assassination! Once the president had entered the security room and the door to the plane was closed... ...only the victim and Knightley would have been left in this room. And at that moment, you fired a third bullet. Directly at Rooke...!

Knightley: OBJECTION!! A third bullet...? Hah! Only two gunshots were heard! The numbers don't match up!

(Y/N): OBJECTION!! The plane's walls are soundproof. If the door was closed... ...the gunshot would not have been heard outside.

Twilight: But the President was in the next room.

Huang: I didn't hear anything. The cameras in this room aren't usually turned on. I turned on the power after I entered the security room.

Kay: So you didn't turn on the power immediately after entering the room?

Huang: No. Actually... I-I...

(Y/N): Come on Mr. President! We need your word!

Huang: I was hiding under the bed, covering my ears... the sound of guns, I hate it!

Nicole: Wow, that's low.

Edgeworth: Knightley saw the President hiding under the bed, he could tell if the security cameras had been turned on by looking at the monitors! In that moment, when the president wouldn't hear the gunshot or see the room... He had a chance to fire a third bullet at Rooke!