Arc 1: Chapter 25

It was the first time he stayed overnight as a boyfriend. The next morning, Huo Ye stayed in bed for the first time in a long time.

  It was probably because he had stayed up a few late nights recently. Someone just touched the pillow last night and fell asleep within a few minutes. Now he was breathing steadily and was buried in his arms, with his forehead resting on his shoulder.

  In his spare time, he had the habit of going downstairs for jogging. Huo Ye carefully touched his cell phone on the bedside. Just as he was about to cancel the alarm, a call came in from his assistant.

  Habitually, he slid his fingertips to the right.

  "Brother Huo? Why aren't you at home?" On the other end of the phone, the assistant carrying breakfast was very confused.

  At this time in the past, Brother Huo should have packed up long ago. Even if he went for a morning jog, his slippers and water cup would not be left carelessly, as if he was leaving in a hurry.

  Thinking of the several calls she rejected last night, she suddenly became a little nervous, "...Li Xun also called you?"

  To be fair, the assistant's voice was very soft, and when Huo Ye realized that he had done something stupid, he immediately covered the young man's ears.

  But Song Xiu, who accurately captured the key words, still struggled to get out of the hazy sleepiness, and said with a dull nasal voice: "Li Xun?"

  The little assistant who recognized who the sound belonged to was instantly petrified.

  "I'm sorry to bother you." Moving faster than she could reason, she pressed the hangup button and turned off the screen.

  Help!

  Why did Brother Pei sleep next to Brother Huo? Where are they? Brother Pei's apartment?

  Am I overreacting? It seems normal for managers and artists of the same gender to live together.

  But it seems like there was no announcement to catch up yesterday?

  Countless questions flashed through her mind in an instant. The assistant held the phone tightly and raised it to her eyes, looking forward to Brother Huo's replay and asking her why she just hung up the phone.

  But no.

  Dozens of kilometers away, in a dimly lit bedroom, Huo Ye quickly turned the mode to mute, lowered his eyes, and gently kissed the young man's forehead, "It's okay."

  "Go on to sleep."

  "I heard the assistant said something about Li Xun," Song Xiu said lazily, enjoying the man's intimacy with peace of mind, "Don't try to fool him."

  Huo Ye had no choice but to confess and be lenient, "He called me last night and asked me to intercede on behalf of Xinxing Entertainment and say a few good words."

  Song Xiu: "Then do you want to help?"

  Huo Ye: "Of course not."

  In the past ten years, he and Xinxing had really not left any commendable friendship. They were just bound by a contract, and they continued to part ways day by day.

  As for Liang Haoyu, Huo Ye originally thought that the other party drugged him because he was afraid of Liang Haoyu, who was also a man and tall. Unexpectedly, this was not the first time that the other party had done such rubbish things.

  On weekdays, he always walks alone, and he is not very familiar with the "junior brothers and sisters" who work under Li Xun, so naturally he missed Lin Wen's strangeness at the beginning.