Arc 5: Chapter 127

Perhaps he had never heard such a blatant threat before. The young man's cheeks suddenly turned pale, and then turned red as if burning.

  "Let me go," he said, his body swaying slightly as his slippery tail struggled to exert force. He instinctively clamped on the other party, "I refuse to trade with you."

  No need for mermaid's help, no need to pay any price.

  That's fair.

  The obvious rejection made Him laugh, because He thought his little prey was very cute. Even at this moment, it was still trying to reason with Him and maintaining its civilized demeanor.

  But He is just a wild beast - or a wild fish? He has no shame, and even less morality. In His eyes, the so-called negotiation is almost equivalent to giving in. It will not bring anything in return except exposing the young man's weakness and allowing Him to take advantage of it.

  "An Qing," He raised his upper body at an unreasonable angle, put his right hand around the young man's waist, and pulled him into his arms, "I'm hungry."

  Song Xiu's nose hit the other person's shoulder.

  It was very hard, almost causing him to shed tears. The next second, something sharp bit his ear, and with a cold breath, it emphasized, "I'm very hungry."

  It's the canine tooth of a mermaid.

  The other party had no intention of joking. As soon as the words fell, some warm liquid flowed from the tip of the ear, slid down the neck, and was finally blocked by the combat uniform.

  The unique rusty smell of blood filled the air.

  The young man finally realized that the mermaid's previous obedience was all an illusion, a bait to lure the prey into letting down its guard. He acted decisively, struggled violently, and took advantage of the chaos to jump off the tail.

  ——My current position is only seven or eight meters away from the shore, which is considered shallow water. With long arms and legs, I only need two or three strokes to return to land.

  The guy behind me obviously hasn't learned how to transform into a human yet.

  However, just as this thought flashed through the young man's mind, a "giant python" quickly wrapped around his legs.

  As if all the bones were pulled out of the mermaid's tail, it was more flexible than seaweed. It easily wrapped around Song Xiu and dragged him deeper and farther to the bottom of the lake.

  The lake water, which had never been polluted by industry, was extremely clear. From time to time, creatures whose names could not be told swam curiously around Song Xiu, but were frightened by Huo Ye and quickly scattered.

  At first, the young man was able to half close his eyes, and while struggling he looked around, searching for a way to escape, but before long, the breath he had been holding was gradually consumed.

  Gurgle.

  Tiny bubbles overflowed from the corners of the young man's mouth.

  He had outstanding mental strength, but his physique was no different from that of an ordinary soldier. The tightness in his chest became more and more severe. In a trance, Song Xiu saw the mermaid deliberately open the gill-like slits on both sides of her cheeks, and then stop at a position where he could reach it with just his hand.

  A blatant trap.

  But it makes people have to jump down.

  As if giving a hint, He gently curled his lips, his smile a little wicked, revealing a seductive and sinister tone.