Arc 5: Chapter 122

Humanity.

  His eyes were drawn to the creature sitting in the driver's seat. He searched through the complex knowledge in his mind for a few seconds and confirmed the other party's race.

  He did not have aesthetic sense in the universal sense, but the human's appearance made him temporarily ignore the other party's weakness and look at him intently for a few seconds.

  Song Xiu always felt that something was secretly spying on him. He frowned and subconsciously turned his head to look at the only porthole in the cabin, but he only saw the starry sky behind him rapidly collapsing and turning into a vortex like a black hole.

  4404: "What's wrong?"

  Song Xiu: "...Maybe I'm thinking too much." Why does this space feel like a living space?

  "Let me check," 4404 said, skillfully displaying the 360-degree panoramic view outside the cockpit. "Nothing is there. It should be safe for now."

  As it spoke, a pitch-black tentacle was leisurely lying outside the porthole and eavesdropping. The Alliance's most advanced detection technology scanned it over and over again, but was completely unable to detect its presence.

  If the computing power is pushed to the limit, 4404 from the Quick Travel Bureau would be able to discover this uninvited guest. However, during the mission, the "hardware" that the Quick Travel system relies on is the host's sea of ​​consciousness. Normally, 4404 refuses to do so because it will overload the host's brain.

  "Is it chasing us?" Although he thought his guess was a bit ridiculous, Song Xiu paused and warned, "If it collapses further, it may affect other planets."

  "Xiao Twelve, change to the most remote route."

  It seemed that he had caused trouble for the little human in the light ball.

  He understood thoughtfully, and then without hesitation, he cut off the tentacle that was tracking the other party from the main body.

  It was as if the annihilation that was about to engulf the universe had stopped.

  Everything returned to its original quiet state.

  Except for the tentacle that was still alive and kicking after being separated from the main body.

  He hid his consciousness in it, and a part of him immediately dissolved like butter, then reassembled into a mini version of jelly.

  ——Although it is miniature, it is much taller than humans.

  Inside the cockpit, 4404 complained speechlessly, "This natural disaster is pretty obedient?"

  The collapse of space and time for no reason is indeed a natural disaster in the universe for most creatures.

  Song Xiu took a sip of water through a straw and said, "Anyway, let's find a place to stay first."

  The cockpit was limited in size, so there was naturally not much emergency fuel. Even with precise coordinates, it was difficult to support the consumption of jump. Anyway, he had no interest in returning to the capital star for the time being, so it would definitely be safer to choose a relatively safe planet to land, then send a signal and wait for rescue.

  "That's easy," 4404 quickly selected the route that best met the requirements and asked with concern, "Are you still dizzy? Do you want to take some medicine?"

  Song Xiu shook his head, "I want to take a bath."

  Even though his reason told him that his body was not dirty in the time-stopped state, he still felt uncomfortable when he thought of the word "seven years".