Arc 4: Chapter 102

Huo Ye had never expected that the first thing he would do when he came to the General's Mansion would be to go to the street to buy medicine.

  "Sir." The imperial guards waiting outside saw their new superior coming out alone and thought that there had been a conflict between the two sides. They were wondering in their hearts when they heard Huo Ye say, "Come in."

  "General Lu invites you to the front yard for tea."

  ——Although based on his understanding of the young man, the tea may not be free.

  Sure enough, half an hour later, when Huo Ye came back on horseback carrying paper bags of various sizes, the imperial guards, who had been a little arrogant before, were already busy weeding in the hot sun under the supervision of Xu Bo.

  Huo Ye: ...

  The general is determined to make the best use of everything and is unwilling to suffer any loss.

  "Don't worry," Zhang Yuanpan, who was only thinking about his medicine, came out early to greet him, "He asked me to make two pots of herbal tea to clear away heat and relieve summer heat. It's enough."

  "How about you have a bowl too, little brother?"

  A lean camel is bigger than a horse. Even though he no longer has any real military power, the young man is still a first-rank official in the court in name only. He is not just any Tom, Dick or Harry who can show off his power in the other party's mansion.

  Knowing that the young man had to show a tough attitude at this time, so as not to retreat under the pressure of the new emperor, Huo Ye did not plead for his subordinate, but only asked: "How is his health?"

  "Same old, he caught a cold in prison again," Zhang Yuanpan shook his head and sighed, "Given the general's current physical condition, this will probably be normal."

  Otherwise, how could he, an imperial physician, live casually in a minister's house? Of course, he was appointed by His Majesty. Who among ordinary doctors could have saved the young man from the brink of death so many times?

After handing all the paper packages in his hand to Zhang Yuanpan, Huo Ye frowned slightly, looked at the imperial guards working hard in the distance, and said, "I'll go take a look too."

  After all, he had the title of a captain, so even if he didn't ask for mercy, there was no reason for him to stand in the shade alone.

  Xu Bo, who was in charge of the overall planning, was even more blunt. When he found out that Huo Ye had come to him, he immediately pointed out a spot with the most vegetation. He greeted him in a very considerate manner, "Your Majesty is considerate and knows that the General's Mansion is in need of reconstruction. He specially ordered you to come and help. The Emperor's grace is great. Please ask Lord Huo to convey my young master's gratitude to His Majesty."

  Don't hit a smiling person. Having said that, no matter what little calculations they had in private, the imperial guards, who openly carried the banner of "guarding the general's mansion", had no choice but to bite the bullet and accept the compliment.

  Huo Ye didn't care.

  When he was a secret guard for the late emperor to spy on the officials' movements, it was common for him to follow them under the scorching sun and heavy rain. He tightly guarded his wrists and moved swiftly.

  The leading boss was also "bullied" by Lu Tingyun. The rest of the imperial guards looked at each other and naturally had no complaints. In just half a day, the front yard was cleaned up.