Arc 6: Chapter 157

Something big happened in Qingyun Sect recently.

  Mingyue Peak, which was shrouded in mist all year round and was speculated by disciples to be a forbidden area, suddenly saw the light of day one ordinary morning and welcomed its new owner.

  There are twelve peaks in Qingyun Sect, and Mingyue Peak is the steepest and tallest one among them. It is said that after reaching the top, it is surrounded by mist and the sky is so close that it seems you can touch it if you just raise your head slightly. Especially when night falls, a solitary light hangs in front of your eyes, bright and cold, yet within reach, hence the name.

  However, rumors are just rumors. Over the years, no new or old disciples of Qingyun Sect have ever actually seen the restrictions on Mingyue Peak lifted, let alone climb up to enjoy the scenery.

  For a time, speculation about the identity of the Master of Mingyue Peak quickly became a new topic that surpassed "the whereabouts of the eldest senior brother."

  The inference of "blood relative of the headmaster" topped the list.

  Because someone saw it clearly, a few days ago, when the headmaster went to Mingyue Peak, he was followed by a boy of about fifteen or sixteen years old, who was not wearing disciple clothes.

  ——If he were to accept an ordinary disciple, he should live in the cave in Zixiao Peak like my junior brother.

  That is the residence of successive masters.

  Before one crisis was over, another crisis arose. Before long, other sects, as if they had discussed it together, rushed to send disciples to Qingyun Sect to express their gratitude and present gifts. They presented natural treasures, sacred robes and magical swords, and so on. They praised Qingyun Sect in an embarrassingly enthusiastic manner for turning the tide in the critical moment and saving the righteous path from danger.

  Only then did the disciples of Qingyun Sect know that their leader had a junior brother who lived in seclusion to practice. He defeated the demons with a small force and became the only surviving ancestor who had survived the catastrophe.

  What a glorious scene! What a thing to be proud of!

  At the border between the three tribes, those sword intentions that the demons try to avoid were originally left by the other party. If I am lucky enough to get some guidance from the ancestor, why worry about not having a breakthrough?

  However, half a month passed and the owner of Mingyue Peak still did not show up.

  The drunken little Taoist boy in charge of sweeping the floor accidentally revealed that this elusive senior seemed to like raising rabbits very much and was trying to push his pet over the threshold of foundation building.

  When these words were spoken, the whole faction was in an uproar.

  The reason why spirit pets are different from demon cultivators is that they lack inner elixir, have difficulty in cultivation, and have very limited lifespan and intelligence. Although they are easy to control, except for some rare and advantageous species, most of them need external forces such as talismans to bless them in order to fight for their masters.

  Otherwise, the Wanshou Sect would not have to take the risk of capturing the monsters and using them as its own.

  The most common spiritual pet is the crane, which is present in every sect. It can be said to be the cornerstone industry of the Ten Thousand Beasts Sect. The only use of animals like rabbits, which are so timid that they can scare themselves to death, is probably to be used as small gadgets as gifts to please some male and female nuns who prefer furry things.