Arc 6: Chapter 168

"Huo Ye?"

  Unexpected by his fellow apprentice's overly intense reaction, Chong He glanced at the motionless white jade bottle and said, "Be gentle." Chu Feng was ultimately harmed by Xing Ming.

  He had been the headmaster for so many years that he had honed his ability to read people's expressions. Chonghe believed the confession to at least 70%.

  The orthodox sects have always had the habit of protecting the local land and water. Ten days ago, Xing Ming took his disciples out of the mountains for training, searching for and expelling the remaining demons in the nearby towns and villages. That's why Chonghe dared to make such a big fuss, taking Huo Ye into the dungeon to summon souls and causing the thunder and lightning in the sky.

  The most urgent task now is how to recall Xing Ming without alerting the enemy.

  "He is only at the Spiritual Transformation Stage," Huo Ye carefully sealed the white jade bottle, seeing Chong He's concerns, and said calmly, "I will go and catch him myself."

  Chong He waved his hands repeatedly, "How can it be that simple? The timing of this incident is too strange. What if Xing Ming is colluding with the demons? If you show up, wouldn't it be a warning to the person behind the scenes in vain?"

  You must know that the crime for which Hua Rong was forcibly sent to the dungeon that day was collusion with foreign enemies. If it weren't for the divine soldier Huo Ye who came down from the sky to save the situation, the Qingyun Sect would have been suspicious of each other and morale would have been low after the civil strife, and would have been defeated under the attack of the demons.

"Chu Feng can't hold on for long." Huo Ye reminded with a slight frown.

  No matter how carefully a remnant soul is cared for, there will always be a day when it will dissipate.

  "Don't worry, Senior Brother has used this trick of luring the snake out of its hole many times," Chonghe said confidently, "I will deliberately spread some rumors, saying that someone trespassed into the Cliff of Repentance and was stopped for moving Chu Feng's body. It will be a mixture of truth and lies. If Xing Ming has something to hide, he will definitely return to the mountain quickly."

  Huo Ye replied: "Three days at most."

  Three days later, no matter who tries to stop him, he will capture Xing Ming and make him kneel in the main hall square of Zixiao Peak to give an explanation to his Taoist partner.

  Knowing too well this man's stubborn temper after making up his mind, Chong He could only nod and say, "Then three days."

  "Where is Bai Changshu? What are you going to do with him?" Huo Ye changed the subject and asked, "He listened to slander and accidentally hurt his fellow disciples. Are you planning to show partiality to him, brother?"

  "What do you mean by that?" Wu Duan could sense some aggressive pressure, and Chong He raised his beard, "Hua Rong is also my disciple..."

  The volume of the following gradually faded under Huo Ye's gaze, which seemed to be able to see through everything.

  Because Chonghe knew very well that he had not really treated Huarong equally in the past. Even though that was because Huarong was seldom close to him, he was also an incompetent master.

  However, just when Chonghe thought Huo Ye would bluntly accuse him, the other party softened his expression and spoke first: "I believe in you, brother."

  Chonghe suddenly felt the burden on his shoulders heavier.

  "I will keep Chu Feng's remaining soul for now," Huo Ye nodded perfunctorily and stepped out of the cell, "I will wait for good news from you, Senior Brother."