Arc 4: Chapter 96

After tossing and turning all night, when Song Xiu's fever finally subsided, the sky was already turning pale.

  He stretched his hand toward his side out of habit, but did not feel the familiar touch in his dream. He opened his eyes and saw the dim light in the room and a shadow curled up on the bed with its back to him.

  It's Xiaoshou.

  4404 spoke up immediately, "Finally woke up." Although it could monitor the host's health data in real time, it was very uncomfortable to see the young man's rare weak appearance.

  [Usually you always complain about me being noisy, and now you complain about me sleeping too long.] He deliberately made a joke to liven up the atmosphere. Song Xiu realized later that his mouth was bitter, and the bones beside his cheeks were also sour. He couldn't help but frowned.

[Chinese medicine boiled in a clay pot, ] Knowing that the other party had been in a state of blackout last night, 4404 described it vividly, [a whole bowl, thick to the point of being black, smelling so bad that one had to pinch open his mouth to drink it. ]

  Song Xiu suddenly felt the bitterness on the tip of his tongue become even stronger.

  As for the person who dared to "force" him, who else could it be except a certain elusive secret guard?

  But there was no way. With such a serious injury, it would be strange if he recovered quickly within a few days. Anyway, he had the items from the system store to keep him alive, so he would just feel a little uncomfortable at most.

  4404: Feeling uncomfortable?

  I don't know who was lying in Huo Ye's arms last night, whining and crying in pain, almost crying.

  Song Xiu, who had no impression at all: ...Huh, huh? Did he have that?

  4404 is unequivocal, [You have. ]

  [Then there is,] Song Xiu accepted the reality in a second, lying there with bones stiff, trying to turn over, [It's a pity that he didn't see Huo Ye's expression at that time. ]

  Unexpectedly, his movement immediately woke up Xiaoshou, who was dozing off with his knees hugged. He turned around and tried to get up in a hurry, but staggered because his legs were numb.

  Song Xiu hurriedly said, "Slow down."

  As soon as he said this, he realized that his voice became even hoarser and his volume was too low.

  Fortunately, Xiaoshou had sharp ears. He smiled gratefully at Song Xiu, first checked the charcoal fire in the stove, and then deftly poured a cup of hot water on the stove for the young man.

  Song Xiu shook his head, "Let's drink later... Help me up."

  Xiaoshou put down the teacup, pointed at his chest, then pointed at his forehead, and did not move.

  "It's okay, the heat has subsided," Song Xiu explained good-temperedly, "Just sit for a while."

  Half believing and half doubting, Xiaoshou stepped forward and gently held the young man's arm, observing his expression, as if the person lying in front of him was a glass man that would shatter at the slightest touch.

  Song Xiu laughed, "Not that delicate." Having slept in prison cells and on battlefields, both he and Lu Tingyun were no longer the rich and powerful young masters in the capital.

  Xiaoshou insisted on putting a soft pillow behind him and draped a thick robe over his shoulders.

  "I sweated a lot last night." Song Xiu was covered in bandages and couldn't take a shower, so he had to settle for the next best thing. "Please boil some water so I can wipe my body."