Arc 4: Chapter 114

There is no reason to refuse the emperor's gift.

  But Song Xiu was unwilling to cooperate with Jing Ye in playing the role of a king and his ministers getting along well with each other, so he traveled light and left the city in a very low-key manner.

  The carriage of the general's mansion was very spacious. Huo Ye sat opposite Song Xiu without saying a word.

  Having accompanied the emperor for many years, he certainly understood the new emperor's intention. Seeing the young man dragging his sick body and being kicked from one place to another by the new emperor like playing Cuju, Huo Ye felt annoyed in his heart.

  It was reflected on his face, with the corners of his lips tightened and his face as black as the bottom of a pot, giving him a fierce look that could make a child stop crying.

  Song Xiu was not afraid. Instead, she lowered the curtains and leisurely handed the man a cup of tea. "With such a beautiful view, why are you speechless, Brother Huo?"

  As soon as he finished speaking, his mouth was blocked by a piece of exquisitely shaped pastry. Glancing outside, Huo Ye silently mouthed: Walls have ears.

  The guards accompanying the carriage were all dressed as imperial guards. Although he had the title of captain, in the final analysis, these people were all soldiers of the new emperor.

  If I act too close to the young man, it might make his situation more difficult.

  But the young man, who was always smart, misunderstood his intention this time. He blinked, bit off half a piece of cake, and whispered like a thief: "Then sit closer."

  After saying that, he patted the empty seat next to him.

  Warm breath brushed across his fingertips, and Huo Ye, who had originally intended to distance himself from the young man, moved his body for some unknown reason.

  It was the hottest time of July. After the Ghost Festival, the weather in the capital city began to get colder. He drank tonic medicine three times a day and finally gained some weight to keep out the cold.

  It is in stark contrast to the new emperor's decadence.

  Probably able to guess what the young man was most worried about at the moment, Huo Ye whispered, "Don't worry, I will make arrangements at the palace."

  Song Xiu stopped chewing, his right cheek puffed up, and he looked over like a hamster.

  "After all, I've been the leader for many years. If I don't even have any confidants, wouldn't that be a failure?" Huo Ye softened his expression, amused by the young man's expression.

  The secret guards have always acted in secret. Even if the new emperor checked everyone's information thoroughly after ascending the throne, it was still difficult to find out who was on good terms with him.

  With his Adam's apple slightly rolling, Song Xiu swallowed the cake and thought: Fortunately, he hasn't bought the ridiculously expensive teleportation card in the mall.

  The price of such props that go against the background of the times would be N times higher.

  "Oh," Song Xiu opened his mouth and bit the man's hand again, then asked, "What were you worried about just now, Brother Huo?"

  He thought it was for the medicine, so he asked the other party to come closer, intending to reveal the secret in advance.

  But he didn't expect that Huo Ye had also made preparations.