Arc 4: Chapter 99

Wrongful conviction?

  The first person Lin Jingyi thought of was Lu's father who was beheaded after his property was confiscated. This matter was decided by the previous emperor and was indeed related to the emperor.

  But the young man seemed to have guessed his inference and shook his head slightly. His dark pupils were like dark clouds, hiding a dark storm that made Lin Jingyi feel uneasy.

  "Amo," feeling that what the other party was going to say next was very important, Lin Jingyi raised his hand and handed the sword to the servant beside him, "Go guard outside the door. Don't let anyone in without my permission."

  Intentionally or unintentionally, Song Xiu glanced at the shadow in the corner.

  According to Xiao Twelve's scan, Huo Ye's breath was still there, but he did not come forward to stop him.

  That's a good thing for him.

  Then, Song Xiu nodded to the confused Xiaoshou, signaling him to follow Amo out, so as not to know too much and be implicated.

  After a brief sound of footsteps, only two people were left in the inner hall, one sitting and one standing.

  At least that's what it seems on the surface.

  "Tell me," Lin Jingyi asked cautiously, standing at the table far enough away from the bed, "Lu Tingyun, what tricks are you playing?"

  "A trick?" Song Xiu asked, "Are you afraid that I will take you hostage, Queen?" Without waiting for the other party to reply, he curled his lips in self-mockery, "At present, Lu can only compete with a child of seven or eight years old at most."

  Lin Jingyi subconsciously looked at the young man's hand hanging by the bed.

  The nearly transparent skin made the blue marks appear vivid like snakes, entangled and clinging to the thin and fragmented bones, as if once the bond woven by the tendons was lost, the opponent would fall apart with a crash and fall to pieces with a bang.

  If it weren't for the few rough old scars still on it, who could imagine what it looked like drawing a bow or holding a gun.

  They were of similar age. Although Lin Jingyi was used to staying at home and rarely attended various poetry gatherings, he had met Lu Tingyun several times.

  No matter whether he was high-spirited and full of energy before his family fell into poverty, or he was stern and murderous when he returned to the capital in silver armor and red robe, the other party was always lively and bright, standing out from the crowd.

  Different from the "sick guy" Pai Ruo in front of him.

  "You deserve it," Lin Jingyi suppressed the subtle sympathy in his chest with difficulty, and said coldly. After pausing for two breaths, he squeezed out another sentence, "...Don't call me queen."

  Even though he was willing to enter the palace for Jingye, he was a man after all.

  "If you have something to say, please say it quickly," he urged, frowning, "Stop wasting time here."

  "In that case, I have only one question," Song Xiu went straight to the point, "Lin Jingyi, do you also believe that I will take 30,000 lives for revenge?"

  Lin Jingyi was speechless.

  It is undeniable that when the news of the young man's treason was first received, people from all walks of life were skeptical.

  But later, the secret letters of gold and silver found in the secret room of the general's mansion, as well as the defeat in Yanzhou that was exactly the same as the plot in the letters, completely confirmed the other party's guilt.