Arc 4: Chapter 107

Huijue suspected that there was something wrong with his ears.

  The temperature on the mountain is low, and the trees are lush. In summer, Fahua Temple has always been a great summer resort. Even the flowers in the temple bloom later than those at the foot of the mountain.

  When he passed by this morning, he clearly saw only a pond of lotus flowers, the size of fists, barely in bud, about to bloom. How could such a change occur in just a few hours?

  "Monks don't tell lies," the young monk said in a clear voice, trying to suppress his excitement, "Now the pilgrims are gathered in the front yard to watch."

  Finally, he glanced at Huijue cautiously, "Abbot, are you unhappy?"

  Huijue shook his head, "Take me to see it."

  At 3:45 p.m., the Fahua Temple should have become increasingly deserted. Apart from pilgrims who wanted to stay overnight, most people would choose to return home during the last daylight hours.

  But this time, men, women, old and young, princes and common people, including the monks who lived in the temple every day, were all tripped up by the "auspicious sign" and crowded around the pond.

  Standing at the front was Yang Siwen.

  It took a lot of effort to grab the best viewing spot. His clothes were wrinkled, his jade crown was crooked, and a few strands of hair hung down in a mess. He looked both embarrassed and funny.

  But Yang Siwen was in no mood to pay attention.

  Staring at the pool full of blossoming golden lotuses, he rubbed his eyes in disbelief. He had lived in Beijing for more than 20 years and had never seen such a wonder.

  ——Less than half an incense stick ago, the flower was still emerald green with scattered light pink. What ability did Lu Tingyun have that could make the flowers change color for him?

  That's right, Lu Tingyun.

  Not far away was the pavilion in the middle of the lake, or the pavilion in the middle of the pond. Inside was a young man in white clothes, who was reciting scriptures with his eyes closed. Although he was thin, his back was straight. His handsome features were blurred by the distance, but his temperament became more distinct, sharp and incisive, which reminded people of a long sword forged in fire.

  Seeing such a ferocious appearance, the onlookers should have felt scared, but when they thought of the young man's identity, the slight chill in their hearts quickly receded like the afternoon tide.

  General Zhen'an.

  If there were no other side guarding the border, how could the capital and the people of the world have peace and happiness?

  As a general, you should be decisive in killing and punishing.

  Because of the farce while climbing the mountain, all the pilgrims coming and going knew that the young man came today to pray for the souls of the soldiers buried on the battlefield. At this moment, the five monks sitting behind the young man were obviously frightened by this strange sight. They even forgot to recite the scriptures. They looked around and looked at each other. Where was the profound and mysterious mind they usually had?

  By comparing the two, it is clear for whom the Buddha bestowed the auspicious blessing.

  Perhaps infected by the young man's unwavering concentration, the noisy crowd gradually quieted down. The martial monks guarding the courtyard also put down their sticks, clasped their hands together, lowered their eyes, and recited the Ksitigarbha Sutra in a low voice with the young man.