Arc 5: Chapter 125

"Crack."

  The sound of burning wood was a bit harsh at this moment.

  As dusk fell, the mermaid's eyes were so dark that it seemed as if they could not even reflect the light of the fire.

  4404 was startled. [Why is he so moody?] Sometimes he is obedient and easy to manipulate, but sometimes he becomes wild and hard to get rid of, as if he wants to eat the host alive.

  Song Xiu reasonably guessed, [Too hot? ]

  Subconsciously, he glanced at the mermaid's tail hidden in the shadows. Perhaps it was an illusion, the arrangement of the scales made him dizzy.

  But overall, it's not cracked.

  Song Xiu relaxed slightly.

  He didn't seem to be frightened at all by the so-called death stare, and even boldly moved closer, "Huo Ye."

  "You have to express it so I can understand."

  Express?

  The next second, he was pushed down by the mermaid next to the fire.

  The change happened too quickly. Song Xiu blocked it reflexively, but was met with even tougher suppression. Against common sense, the opponent easily supported his body with his tail, and through the combat uniform that wrapped him well, he lowered his eyes and patrolled from bottom to top like a hunter, as if considering which angle would be easiest to rip open.

  The fine sand and gravel behind his head felt a bit rough, and in a trance, Song Xiu actually smelled a damp, deep-sea-like scent. He was clearly on the shore, but he felt like he would drown at any moment. His heart was beating uncontrollably, causing cold sweat that gradually soaked through his shirt, and his brain was as chaotic as a paste.

  This is weird.

  As an actor with acting skills that are convincing enough to make the fake look real, Song Xiu clearly discerned that his physiological reaction at the moment was fear, but he had no reason to be afraid of Huo Ye, even though the other party looked like he wanted to kill him.

After realizing this, miraculously, he quickly regained the consciousness he had slowly lost, and felt his numb limbs and cold fingertips again.

  "Huo Ye," Song Xiu didn't touch the loaded gun at his waist, but raised his hand with difficulty and held the mermaid's strong arm, "Be gentle."

  "It hurts."

  He was rarely surprised.

  No living thing can remain sane in the face of His wrath, just as nothing can resist His "pollution," even before He reveals His true form.

  Although the young man was indeed a delicious piece of food, he was not necessary for Him, especially since he had already given his soul to someone else.

  ——In His view, marriage is a contract that is exclusive to human beings.

  If you can't get it, destroy it.

  He originally thought so. He had tasted the young man's blood before, and it had no fishy smell, but rather a hint of sweetness. He didn't mind letting the other person merge with himself.

  But the young man broke free from His bonds.

  The other party showed great resistance to death. At this moment, he did not run away. Instead, he lay calmly under Him and actively stuck to Him.

  Puzzled, He asked, "Why?" Why not fight back?

  There are many creatures who are willing to die for Him, or even sacrifice everything for Him, but there is not a trace of fanaticism in the young man's emotions.