Arc 4: Chapter 92

Ignoring the trembling questions in his ears, Jing Ye walked around the jailer and strode to the deepest part of the cell.

  In his previous life, he was unable to see Lu Tingyun for the last time.

  Strangely enough, Jing Ye felt an inexplicable sense of loss when he saw that he was the one who had forced the young man into a desperate situation where he was certain to die.

  It wasn't a very strong emotion, but it always popped up in many subtle corners, making it difficult for him to sleep, as he dreamed of the cold, pale face under the white cloth.

  Those who achieve great things do not care about trivial matters. This has been the case throughout history. Lu Tingyun appears to be decisive and resourceful, but in his bones he is pure and kind. Such a person is naturally loyal when you love him, but if one day he develops hatred and resentment, he will be the biggest disaster for the entire Jing Dynasty and should be strangled in the cradle.

  ——Every time Jing Ye woke up in the middle of the night, he would look at the bright yellow tent on top of the dragon bed and analyze the pros and cons again.

  A knife that may bite its owner at any time, if it is lost, it is lost, there is no need to regret it.

  But the more he thought about it, the more frequently Lu Tingyun appeared in his dreams. He was not a ferocious evil ghost seeking his life, but rather the man who appeared on the day when the late emperor passed away, riding a white horse amid the sound of fighting, with guns whizzing and bloodstains on his face. But when he saw him, his brows suddenly softened.

  Kneeling on one knee, the young man in silver armor and red robe called out, "Your Majesty."

  At this moment, the majestic General Lu was sitting in a dark death cell.

  New wounds piled up on old ones. He was a good martial artist, but now he was so thin that he seemed to be just a bag of bones. His wrist stuck out protrudingly. Not to mention holding a gun, even a pair of chopsticks could break it.

  But the young man's back was extremely straight. Even with his eyes closed, and his weak appearance as if being beaten casually, could not hide the murderous aura in his body, making people afraid to approach him easily, for fear that he would suddenly attack and break his neck.

  Jing Ye knew, however, that the young man was actually a very soft-hearted person.

  If it weren't for the pressure of the world, the other person's hands should have been used to play the piano and write poetry, which was extremely elegant. He wouldn't even kill a moth.

  He glanced at the eunuch beside him and asked him to unlock the cell. Through the bars of the cell, Jingye said, "Ayun."

  "I know you are awake."

  According to etiquette, a man can only be given a name after he reaches adulthood. The other party lost his father before he was 20 years old, so if they wanted to show closeness, they could only call him "Tingyun", a name that was recorded in the family tree.

  Song Xiu was not surprised at all.

  A person like Jing Ye would never leave his safety entirely to his subordinates. The other party is proficient in riding and shooting, and also practices martial arts privately. Of course, his condition can be judged from his breathing.

  Song Xiu was always good at acting, but he had a pain in his chest and was not interested in dealing with the other party. His eyelids drooped, attracting the jailer's bullying. "How dare you! The emperor is here in person, why don't you pay your respects?"