Arc 2: Chapter 41

The next afternoon, Huo Ye received a call from his parents.

  They explained that it was a little late because they were abroad due to jet lag. They respected his idea of ​​filling out the application form and would rush back before August to hold a college entrance banquet.

  Song Xiu was chopping vegetables in the kitchen and lamented that there were such big-hearted parents in the world.

  Although freedom is good, it should be treated equally. If you stay with Sheng Hang and say this, even if Huo's father and Huo's mother think they are just compensating, the people who hear it will still feel uncomfortable.

  [Crying children get candy,] Song Xiu sighed silently, [How stupid. 】

  Was this the case before Huo Ye entered the entertainment industry in his previous life?

  Fortunately he came back early this time.

  4404 Objectively, [He really has nothing to worry about. 】

  He is steady, has good grades, and keeps to himself. There are not many girls who even send love letters, but he never misses group activities. He can be called the template of an aloof academic.

  A typical "other people's child".

  In the original work, there is very little description of Sheng Rui's younger brother. Song Xiu did not want to understand Huo Ye in this life through pale words, and simply changed flowers to accompany him.

  The matter of writing a novel and submitting it was put on the agenda. He held his notebook every day and sat nearby wherever the boy was.

  Huo Ye could also sense this silent consideration, and deliberately left most of the sofa empty for the other party.

  However, the good times did not last long. One sultry evening, the Lin family's house, which had been so quiet that it seemed to be isolated from the world, suddenly heard a knock on the door.

  One person cooks and the other washes dishes. There is a clear division of labor. Song Xiu, who has just finished cooking, is taking a quick shower in the bathroom. Xiao Twelve automatically becomes invisible. He has to slightly raise his volume and call out, "Huo Ye."

  Huo Ye was standing by the door.

  Through the old peephole, he could clearly see that waiting outside was Sheng Rui. He no longer wore an elite-looking suit, but changed into casual clothes, looking much younger.

  The young man's voice was far from shouting, but it was still faintly transmitted through the door. Visibly, Sheng Rui's movements froze.

  He didn't expect that "Yiqiao" would take Huo Ye home.

  After his parents divorced, Yiqiao devoted himself to keeping the house as it was for a long time. Even if he later moved away, it was still a secret base that only belonged to each other and no other friends were invited.

  Why is Huo Ye here?

  What's even more frustrating is that the other party didn't come to open the door for a long time. Instead, the sound of footsteps gradually faded away.

  "Sheng Rui is here." The house is old and soundproofed, and there is no concept of dry and wet separation in the bathroom. There are shadows reflected on the frosted glass.

  Huo Ye looked away.

  Although he has never been in love or even liked anyone, he understands that the orientation of young people is relatively niche, and even if they are both boys, his approach may make the other person uncomfortable.