Arc 4: Chapter 110

Song Xiu smiled.

  He usually carries a lot of heavy burdens on his shoulders, so he rarely looks so cheerful. Huo Ye was dazzled for a moment, and was stunned for two seconds before he said, "Then I'll go buy it."

  The young man took advantage of the situation and pulled his sleeve, "If your words can make me happier, then forget it."

  Out of professional habit, Huo Ye chose a relatively secluded place to dock. At this moment, dozens of unlit river lanterns were crowded together at the stern of the boat, but they did not attract much attention.

  Perhaps due to the auspiciousness of the Fahua Temple, lotus-shaped river lanterns are selling particularly well this year. Huo Ye went around twice before he could barely find them.

  Song Xiu also did not expect that a black-sailed boat that imitated the style of a water village could have such a "big heart".

  Because of his leg injury, Judge Zhang strictly forbade him to join the crowd, so Huo Ye was given full authority to go shopping. He lifted up his skirt and sat down. Song Xiu picked up a river lantern and admired it. He joked, "Are you treating me like a child, sir?"

  Huo Ye: ...He just thinks that young people should have many things they want to remember.

  But to tell the truth at this moment would be too depressing. Huo Ye picked up the oar again, thinking quickly, "There are too many varieties. I wonder which one the general likes."

  That's a logical excuse.

  The capital city has a developed business with many shops. Even if you are just a street vendor, if you want to stand out, you have to come up with some eye-catching ideas. Even though the river lanterns that Huo Ye bought were all made in the shape of lotus flowers, the patterns on them were different. After lighting the specially shortened candle in the middle, the light and shadow complemented each other, which was quite interesting.

  "The pen and ink are here." Huo Ye reminded, accurately taking out an oilcloth bag from the left.

  Song Xiu shook his head, "It's good as long as the intention is there."

  For those who died unjustly, the best tribute is for the truth to come out and for blood to be paid with blood. What he wants may not be able to be expressed on paper.

  Huo Ye probably guessed this and said nothing more.

  They came out a little late, and in the distance, "ribbons" of light were already floating on the water, even the bright moonlight above their heads had receded a little.

  Worried that the candle's tilt might ignite the lanterns, the black-haired young man held onto the side of the boat, leaned out, and let his slender white fingertips fall into the water.

  The riverbed was dark without being illuminated by the firelight. At first glance, it looked like a huge mouth of the abyss ready to devour people. From this scene, it felt like a wet drowned ghost would suddenly emerge in the next second and drag the young man down fiercely. Huo Ye could not help but raise his hand and hold the other party down.

  Shang still remembered the horrific bruise on the young man's knee last night, and he instinctively moved his palm closer to the spot. When he realized his abruptness, the young man had already turned his head back.

  "You are very attentive, sir," Song Xiu pretended not to notice the other party's fleeting embarrassment, and curled the corners of his lips, "You actually knew that Lu is a landlubber."