Arc 4: Chapter 112

Song Xiu slept soundly.

  The aftereffects of burning the knife were rising up in him. Even without any bedding and with a hard wooden board as his pillow, he still felt sleepy. As they chatted, he suddenly fell into a trance.

  In the middle, he seemed to hear the sound of rain, dripping and hitting the boat awning, causing Song Xiu to ache in every bone.

  But he was so tired that his eyelids seemed glued together and he was unable to open them in a state of half-asleep and half-awake. He could only frown more and more vigorously in annoyance and grievance.

  Until an "electric blanket" wrapped him up.

  It was a really great electric blanket, with plenty of fire and it looked like it had been washed very clean, with a faint scent of soapberries, which smelled better than the air washed by rain.

  Song Xiu's leg was injured yesterday and he was very afraid of the cold. He instinctively rubbed his feet and crawled into the blanket.

  Unfortunately, the blanket was inexplicably heavy, and occasionally pressed against the bruises, which was somewhat unbearable. However, soon, the slight pain was diluted by the warmth and blocked out by the dull perception.

  When I opened my eyes again, the candles in the cabin had gone out, and light from the sky shone in.

  What caught his eye was a piece of pitch-black cloth, which was the style Huo Ye wore most often recently. Song Xiu remembered it very clearly. It was embroidered with a dark pattern of a leopard beast, which was the insignia of a sixth-rank military officer.

  And his forehead was resting on the beast's head, exactly at the position of Huo Ye's chest.

  The other person seemed to be still sleeping, his breathing and heartbeat were as steady, one arm was under his head, one arm was on his waist, and his legs were firmly clamped around him, a posture that was too intimate and full of protection.

  Song Xiu suspected that he was having a dream within a dream.

  After all, Huo Ye from the Fourth World is an ancient man and a secret guard serving the royal family. He is very slow to warm up, and only he can see the undercurrents hidden beneath that cold and hard face.

  [Correction, it was you who rolled into his arms.] Unable to bear the young man's silly blinking, 4404 Youyou, [...even though he was the one who leaned over first.]

  The main feature of the top ten systems is objectivity and fairness.

  Song Xiu raised her lower lip slightly.

  The boat drifted with the current. After a night passed, no one knew where it was. The swaying sound created a natural hypnotic atmosphere. Song Xiu was awake for only a few breaths before he became lazy again and drooped his eyelashes lazily.

  Habit is really a magical thing. Even if the world changes several times, as long as you lie next to this person, a sense of security will immediately come to you like the gentle rising tide at the seaside.

  Half an hour later, Huo Ye was awakened by the distant shouting of street vendors.

  He had sharp senses and was highly alert. He seldom had a sound and complete night's sleep. When he suddenly saw the bright sky, he was still a little dazed.

  Fortunately, the professional ethics that had been engraved in his bones for many years made Huo Ye wake up quickly after a breath, and at the same time realized what was new in his arms.