Arc 4: Chapter 91

thirsty.

  It felt like there was a ball of fire in his chest, burning him and making him feel hot and painful. Song Xiu's throat was itchy and he coughed violently. He immediately tasted a fishy sweetness on the tip of his tongue.

  In the dim light, the smell of blood quickly sobered him up. He opened his eyes and saw a dark high wall in front of him. It was covered with stains. I don't know how many people had gone crazy and bumped into it.

  His limbs felt heavy and sore, and the straw mat beneath him was rough. Outside the railing, a jailer was leaning against a table, dozing off under the dim light of a lamp, which was the only light besides the moonlight that came in through the skylight.

  The Ministry of Justice Prison.

  Song Xiu thought that this deepest place where death row prisoners were held was extremely quiet, and he could not hear the cries of others being interrogated and tortured.

  [It's already this late, why do you still have time to lament about these trivial things?] He quickly bought a life-saving item from the system store, 4404 urged, [Open your mouth and take the medicine.]

  The mission before going back to the past was to escape death. Following the plot in the original novel, the foundation of this body had been worn out day by day. It would definitely take a lot of effort to save it now.

  His lips were so dry that they seemed about to crack. Song Xiu moved with difficulty and swallowed the "ball of water" that appeared out of thin air in front of him. Then he burst into a heart-wrenching cough.

  The jailer, who was dreaming sweetly, was awakened. He subconsciously wanted to curse, but he shut his mouth the moment the young man looked at him.

  Those were a pair of eyes that had truly seen blood.

  Lu Tingyun.

  He sounds gentle and has a good-looking appearance, but he is a man who has been fighting on the battlefield for many years. Of course, there is no other way. During the time of the previous emperor, his father committed a serious crime, the kind that was punishable by beheading in autumn. It is said that he was also imprisoned in this death row. Although his entire clan was not implicated, his future generations' path to the imperial examination was cut off.

  If you want to stand out again, you can only roll among the dead to gain credit, right?

  Logically speaking, no matter how lenient the laws of this dynasty are, it is difficult to allow the son of a criminal to rise step by step. Unfortunately, Lu Tingyun is indeed handsome and talented, and with the intercession and guarantee of the third prince - now His Majesty, he got a chance to catch his breath, and won battles again and again, all the way to the position of general.

  After the death of the previous emperor, the other party was awarded the title of "Zhen'an" for his meritorious service to the emperor.

  However, what was the use of this? Thinking of the defeat a month ago that cost the lives of 30,000 soldiers, the jailer regained his courage and spat fiercely, "Bah."

  "Traitor."

  It is a foregone conclusion that Lu Tingyun collaborated with the enemy and nearly handed over the territory of Dajing. The once majestic General Zhen'an is now nothing more than a drowned dog that everyone wants to beat.

  Even kicking it is dirty.

  Song Xiu was too lazy to pay attention.

  The medicinal power of the system props nourished him silently. After adjusting his breathing several times, his chest, which seemed to be pressed down by a huge rock, finally felt lighter, allowing him to think more clearly.