Arc 4: Chapter 119

On the new emperor's birthday, all the ministers respected Lin Jingyi and completed a silent palace coup right under his nose.

  With the deliberate propaganda of the Prime Minister's Office, Jing Ye's "acute coma" was spread more and more bizarrely. Some people said that it was the punishment of the ancestors due to the collapse of the imperial mausoleum, and some people said that it was the new emperor who was tyrannical and killed his ministers and was sought revenge by the wronged souls. There were many different opinions.

  Especially when Abbot Huijue, who had often accompanied the emperor recently, left the palace and simply chanted the Buddha's name softly, saying, "This is the will of heaven," it pushed public opinion to a peak.

  Of course, there were also royalists who swore to support Jing Ye to death, but a king paralyzed in bed obviously could not give them any support other than etiquette and law. After going around in circles, they finally found Song Xiu:

  General Lu Tingyun of Zhen'an was the only person who dared to offend Prime Minister Lin. He left the birthday banquet without hesitation and did not attend court for several days.

  Although the other party has lost his personal soldiers, he is still quite prestigious in the army. If we can get his help, we can win over some generals to compete with the queen who is the regent.

  When Song Xiu received the visiting card, he found it ridiculous that the victim was asked to save the perpetrator.

  Perhaps in the eyes of this group of people, maintaining orthodoxy is the top priority. With a single sentence "Your Majesty is bewitched by the Queen", they can confuse right and wrong and pin all the blame on Prime Minister Lin for Jing Ye's wrongdoings.

  However, both the original owner and Song Xiu had already recognized the true face of the scumbag, and let the visiting invitations pile up like a mountain without opening the door of the house.

  However, he did not express any support for Lin Jingyi.

  Such an ambiguous attitude undoubtedly gave the ministers of the Prime Minister's Office a headache. General Zhen'an had real achievements on his hands. Moreover, ever since the "auspicious sign" at the Fahua Temple, his reputation among the people had become increasingly high, even higher than that of Huijue. If this man really turned to the royalist faction, public opinion would undoubtedly give them a headache.

  Only Huo Ye understood that Axiu was just waiting, waiting for Lin Jingyi's second choice.

  On the evening of the birthday banquet, the palace issued an order to recall all the imperial guards who were monitoring the young man, leaving only him behind. It seemed like some kind of tacit understanding or some kind of subtle gesture of goodwill.

  Sure enough, on the third day after the General's Mansion closed its doors to visitors, Prime Minister Lin sent someone to deliver a message:

  The time has come.

  The next day, Song Xiu put on a red robe and used his position as General Zhen'an as a guarantee, saying that there was a hidden story in the Yanzhou case and that the three courts had hastily closed the case and shielded the suspect, and demanded a reopening and thorough investigation.

  The government and the public were in uproar.

  For the common people, this case has gone through so many twists and turns, including the mastermind Xu Chi who hanged himself out of fear of crime, and the accomplices who were implicated, more than 30,000 lives have been lost, and the main general was almost wrongly beheaded. The emperor personally investigated, but the truth has not yet been revealed. How powerful is the person behind it? It is really terrifying;