Arc 5: Chapter 145

Song Xiu didn't expect Mu Ziqian to react so quickly.

  After all, he had only become suspicious of Huo Ye in recent days.

  Such wild inferences, surprise, fear or sneer, are all normal reactions of an audience, but Song Xiu just picked up the coffee and took a sip, "Hmm."

  The cotton mask was taken off and placed on the corner of the table. The pure black color made the young man's knuckles look even whiter, like a cold jade statue. Mu Ziqian observed the other person's lowered eyebrows through the curling hot air. He was silent for a few seconds, and then said firmly, "You know."

  known long time ago.

  Song Xiu said calmly, "It's just a guess."

  Although it is said that those involved in the matter are often confused while bystanders can see things more clearly, he is, after all, a fast-traveling character who is used to looking at the world from outside his role. No matter how deep the filter he has for Huo Ye is, he cannot ignore some obvious abnormalities.

  Xiao Twelve had read the documents that Mu Ziqian brought to him last night. In addition, Huo Ye had pointed out relevant reports and asked him why he believed in God. How could Song Xiu not see that this man was involved in the case that the protagonist was investigating?

"So?" Mu Ziqian keenly sensed something from the calmness and asked, "You want to protect him?"

  Song Xiu: "I don't think he did it on purpose."

  "Except Anhe."

  "You probably haven't read any novels or watched any movies about Ke," Song Xiu said calmly, as if he were teaching science. "To spy on a god, you have to take the risk of losing your mind."

  Mu Ziqian: "Novel? Are you kidding me?"

  There are so many lives lost, how can you fool them with such a trivial reason?

  Song Xiu thought, is this a joke? If the novel setting is a joke, then what is the five worlds derived from the novel?

  "The believers pray, and the gods respond." He pretended to ignore the other party's doubts and anger and continued, "If you can't restrain the gods, you can only start with the humans who organize the sacrifices."

  Mu Ziqian couldn't help but said, "God? What kind of god is this?"

  Song Xiu followed suit and changed his words, "Okay, higher beings, evil gods and demons, whatever you want to call them."

  With such an attitude, he really didn't look like someone who had been bewitched and brainwashed. Adjusting his breathing, Mu Ziqian tried to regain his sanity, "Are you still human?"

  Or do the citizens of the Alliance worship the respected Admiral An?

  Song Xiu: "Of course."

  "I am speaking from the perspective of a human being."

  With all the clues combined, Song Xiu is almost certain that Xiao Twelve's missing data is related to Huo Ye, an existence that can make the quick-travel game feel tricky. How can a small world that has just stabilized and taken shape compete with it?

  The wisest option is to retreat.

  Moreover, in previous lives, no matter how his identities changed, the basic color of Huo Ye's soul had never been muddied. Song Xiu understood Huo Ye and fell in love with him after understanding him, so he would naturally trust him without reservation.