Arc 5: Chapter 138

Mu Ziqian's expression suddenly changed.

  With his good memory, of course he could tell who was on the other end - the mermaid that An Qing picked up, a guy named Huo Ye, but he was clearly dialing an emergency number.

  There is no way he could have made a mistake with just three digits. How dare he intercept the signal on the capital planet... a top hacker?

  An Chen, who was trying hard to hold his mother down, saw his wife standing there in a daze, and hurriedly asked, "Brother Qian?"

  It was as if some strange barrier was broken. The next moment, the cold and weak breathing disappeared, and a sweet female voice came from the headset, "Hello, Capital Star Second District Emergency Center..."

  Mu Ziqian glanced at the call time warily.

  Fifteen seconds.

  In other words, before the mermaid threatened him, the call had already been picked up by the emergency center, but at this moment, the other party obviously did not notice the lost ten seconds.

  With a barely perceptible frown, Mu Ziqian accurately reported the address of the old house, briefly described An's mother's situation, and then turned around and said, "There is a camera here."

  "I'm going to go out and make a phone call."

  Mu Ziqian works for the military, and often has to take on missions that he cannot even reveal to his family members. An Chen is used to it, and just as he was about to respond, he suddenly noticed the other party's previous sentence.

  ...lens?

  Aren't all the cameras turned off?!

  He was in such a hurry to go out that he completely forgot to bring the communicator. An Chen turned his neck stiffly and saw a black "eye" behind the beautiful flowers.

  In the bedroom, text messages from the agent were popping up on the screen:

  【Anchen? 】

  【Anchen! 】

  【Turn off the power immediately! 】

  ...

  [Forget it, let's deal with your mother first.]

  The last sentence was not very polite, and had a bit of the flavor of a worker giving up. At the same time, he secretly blamed Mu Ziqian, asking why he didn't remind An Chen earlier since he found that the camera was on.

  Mu Ziqian outside the villa didn't think so much.

  He was originally an outsider, and it was his first time recording a variety show. When he saw the camera light up as usual, he just thought that An Chen was dedicated to his work, so he refused to breach the contract and negotiated a new plan with the program crew.

  Using force on his fingertips, Mu Ziqian dialed a string of numbers that he knew by heart.

  After An Qing was "killed in action", the vacant number was never put back into use out of some commemorative considerations. Now that the other party has returned alive, everything should be returned to its original owner.

  Sure enough, after five or six reminders, he successfully contacted An Qing.

  "Hello?"

  Probably having just woken up, the young man's tone was soft, with a lazy nasal sound, which instantly brought Mu Ziqian back to the many mornings when they had slept in each other's arms.