Arc 4: Chapter 103

Huo Ye rarely saw the other party so angry.

  Although the corners of her eyes were curved, they seemed to be frozen inside, which hurt people invisibly and made the atmosphere cold as well.

  If he turned around and left at this moment, he would probably be able to completely stop the young man from trying to win him over. However, his feet went against his brain and were like they were stuck in glue, firmly staying where they were.

  Automatically skipping the young man's sarcastic remarks, Huo Ye explained, "...I didn't mean that."

  The new emperor was deliberately indulgent, so it was naturally difficult to conceal the fact that the other party had been taken into the palace for recuperation. Although the public statement was that Lu Tingyun was seriously ill and dying and could not cope with the subsequent interrogation, so he was temporarily moved out of the death row, but considering that the person who now entered the palace was a man, speculation about the relationship between the two had already been rife in private.

  Especially the young man's appearance, which was no less attractive than Lin Jingyi's. In addition, the case-closing report submitted by the three courts was sloppy and full of suspicion of evading the main issue. Even if the new emperor ordered the beheading of the "culprit" in the street, people were still talking about it, speculating that the former had seduced the emperor and sold herself to the emperor in exchange for the so-called innocence.

  The young man must have heard this many times while in prison.

  No wonder it's so sensitive.

  "It's getting late," Huo Ye was helpless when he saw the young man still keeping his mouth shut and ignoring him. He extended his arm to him again and said, "I'll help the general back to his room."

  Song Xiu glanced at the other person and did not move.

  He was born with a pair of passionate eyes, the standard peach blossom shape, which turned red due to the cough just now. This glance had more meaning of reproach than intimidation.

  Huo Ye thought that it was probably an illusion caused by the young man's appearance.

  Patience is the most important thing when stalking someone. This was also true at the moment. The arm that was hanging had not been moved away. After a long while, the other party finally condescended and put his hand back on it. "You asked for it, sir."

  Huo Ye: "Yeah."

  "I begged the general."

  His good temper silenced the thorny young man, who kept trying to put pressure on him. In the end, he could only say, "Let's go."

  "It's very cold here."

  Huo Ye knew that the person in front of him was the kind of person who would respond to soft words and not hard ones, so he had to go along with him.

  The wind started to blow in the evening, and there was no fumigation basket in the hall, so it was indeed a bit chilly for the young man. When Huo Ye opened the door, he unconsciously stood in front of it to block it.

  Hearing the noise, Xu Bo, who was making tea, appeared at the right time, holding a fine brocade cloak in his arms, and silently handed over a lantern.

  "Your Excellency has seen that I am short of manpower at the moment, and the number of rooms I can clean up is limited," Song Xiu thanked Xu Bo briskly as he let him put the cloak on his shoulders, and continued, "It just so happens that the yard next to Lu is vacant. It is simple but clean, so I would like to ask you to stay here temporarily."