Arc 5: Chapter 139

Mu Ziqian didn't expect An Chen to eavesdrop on his phone call.

  But he knew that the other person always lacked a sense of security, so he suppressed his displeasure and answered honestly: "An Qing."

  "Are you okay?" Mu Ziqian had no evidence to support the threat from the mermaid. He had just been turned away. Thinking of this, he did not want to intensify the conflict between the two brothers, so he took the initiative to change the subject, "I'll go help right away."

  In An Chen's eyes, this was undoubtedly a sign of Mu Ziqian's guilty conscience. Although he arrived late, he clearly heard the other party trying to separate An Qing and Huo Ye.

  Rushing to interfere in the ex's relationship.

  Are you so reluctant?

  But on his face, An Chen still looked gentle, as if he was really coaxed by Mu Ziqian. He raised his lip slightly, then quickly dropped it, "Mom is so strong."

  "I didn't hold her down."

  Unlike An Qing, An Chen relied on him more outside of his professional field. Mu Ziqian unconsciously slowed down his tone and comforted him, "Don't be afraid, leave it to me."

  The previous experience of working overtime to handle sacrifice cases came in handy at this moment. He had been dealing with people with mental problems recently. The only thing that worried Mu Ziqian was whether An's mother would also become a horrible "monster" like those "madmen" who suddenly broke the limits of their bodies.

  Fortunately, until she was knocked unconscious by the knife and sent to the ambulance, An's mother maintained a normal appearance. Suspecting that his thoughts were too divergent and he had a tendency to panic, Mu Ziqian shook his head secretly:

  Based on the existing clues, the first case of summoning the evil god occurred at least a thousand years ago. Even if Huo Ye is a mermaid, he is too young. Judging from his appearance, he is only 200 to 300 years old at most.

  But Mu Ziqian's intuition told him that there must be something strange about the other party. After half a bottle of tranquilizer was injected, An's mother's condition was temporarily stable. He sent a message to his subordinates: [Please help me check this person.]

  A reply came quickly from the other end of the communicator: [Who? ]

  Mu Ziqian: [Huo Ye.]

  subordinate:【......】

  The Shura scene that took place at the An family's old house last night dominated almost all the hot searches on Star Network. Even those who don't like gossip had the opportunity to take a look and listen to it.

  Huo Ye has a fierce temperament, but his appearance is impeccable. In addition, he has repeatedly made An's mother lose face and protected Major General An, so he has already become a little famous.

  In just a few seconds, countless melodramatic scenes flashed through his mind. He mustered up the courage to test the waters and said, "Boss, it's not good to abuse your power for personal gain

  [My sister-in-law will be angry if she finds out.]

  Mu Ziqian frowned: [It's serious business. ]

  He never takes his work lightly.

  Recalling what happened after the young man's "resurrection", Mu Ziqian sometimes even felt that it was not himself who had not let go of An Qing, but everyone around him.

  In the bathroom, the black-haired young man with a towel on the back of his neck sneezed for no apparent reason.

  After all the nonsense, both the pajamas provided by the hotel and he became soaked. Song Xiu simply gave up on catching up on sleep and went back to his room to take a hot bath.