Arc 5: Chapter 121

"Host."

  "Host."

  "Song Xiu? Wake up."

  The tiny calls were like mosquitoes, echoing in his ears continuously. Song Xiu tried hard to pull his consciousness out of the chaotic darkness, like pulling two legs out of the mud, and let out a short gasp.

  The light was somewhat dazzling.

  The cold white color reflected the icy machinery. The pointers and numbers on the various dials were motionless as if they were broken, leaving him floating in the air, also motionless.

  Hummingbird No. 23.

  The most advanced individual fighter in the Alliance.

  But if Song Xiu remembered correctly, it should have been idle in this dead land for seven years.

  A familiar voice came from the speaker above my head that was responsible for broadcasting instructions, "Yes, are you feeling any discomfort? I've increased the oxygen concentration, it should be better."

  Song Xiu: "Little Twelve?"

  The throat is hoarse, like dry, grinding gravel.

  But this is normal. From Star Calendar 2731 to Star Calendar 2738, this body has been a living dead for seven Alliance years, maintaining the same state as when it first broke into this place seven years ago.

  Now time seemed to have resumed its flow for him, and the fatigue and pain that had been frozen before also surged back.

  "It's me." A green light flashed within sight.

  Song Xiu reminded, "Recorder." If he could return to normal society, someone would definitely investigate the data of these seven years, and the images might expose the existence of Xiao Twelve.

  "Don't worry, I've taken care of the tail," 4404 asked as the data was running fast, "I'm planning a route to escape. How much of the plot do you remember? Do you want me to send it again?"

Song Xiu's eyes caught sight of the silver watch pressed against his skin, and he slowly shook his head.

  An Qing, the youngest genius since the founding of the alliance, has the mental power of 3S, which enables him to control any kind of mecha naturally and achieve micro-manipulation that is difficult for ordinary people to do.

  But all of this is just information in the textbooks and memories in the original work.

  That's right, according to the author's setting, An Qing is the fiancé of the protagonist Mu Ziqian. Although the two are in a family marriage, they also have true feelings for each other. In the year 2731 of the Star Calendar, the original owner, who was promoted to major general five years after graduation, was ordered to go to the front line with Mu Ziqian for support, but accidentally encountered a swarm of insects on the way.

  The source of the insect swarm was a newly born "queen".

  You have to know that the universe is vast. Even , which pursues collective consciousness and collective form , has more than one leader. When the territory expands and queens devour each other, a "Queen Mother" who becomes increasingly dangerous will evolve, posing a fatal threat to humans and even most races in the starry sky.

  As a surprise attack force, the fighter planes operated by An Qing and his subordinates were relatively agile. After successfully covering the retreat of the main force led by Mu Ziqian, he could have escaped in time, but he deliberately landed at the end, made sure the rest of the people were safe, and then returned alone and plunged into the center of the insect tide.