Arc 6: Chapter 164

Monks use spiritual power to strengthen their bodies and souls day and night, and before their bodies completely decay, they can indeed call back a wisp of their spirit.

  However, when a person dies, it is like a light going out, and all grudges and karma also disappear. Only the most cruel and insane demon cultivators will open the coffin and whip the corpse, listening to the wails of the original spirit for fun.

  Huo Ye understood Chong He's shock, but he didn't even raise an eyebrow, "I am very sober."

  "There were only Chu Feng and Hua Rong in the dungeon that night." He glanced at the scattered chess pieces on the table and picked up two at random. "Since the explanation of the 'murderer' is not credible, let's listen to the 'victim'."

Soul summoning and soul searching was originally a method used by demonic cultivators to torture and interrogate people.

  After all, Chong He has lived for hundreds of years and has seen a lot. He certainly knows the trick. "This method is a bit faster, but it is against the harmony of nature. Although I believe that with your character and ability, you will not let Chu Feng's soul fly away and interrupt his reincarnation, but if something unexpected happens, have you thought about the consequences?"

  The chaos caused by the evil cultivators and the demon cultivators had just been settled. Even though Huo Ye was now praised by all the human cultivators and was a great contributor who turned the tide, he was still being pointed fingers and poked in the back.

  In other words, precisely because Huo Ye represents justice to defeat evil, he cannot afford to make even the slightest mistake.

  If it were in the past, with the strength of the Crossing Tribulation Stage, Chonghe might have turned a blind eye, but what was the situation now? The strongest demon had fallen, and Huo Ye was the only one left standing. Did everyone really hope that Qingyun Sect would raise another Sword Master who could return to the peak, and that the ancestor would suppress all the other sects?

  If there really comes an opportunity to strangle the other party in the cradle with great righteousness, you can imagine how many people will be eager to take action.

  "I don't care," Huo Ye replied lightly, "This is a family matter and has nothing to do with Qingyun Sect. If anyone has any objections, tell him to come to Mingyue Peak with a sword."

  Chong He was stunned for a moment, "Family matters?"

  What family matter? Although the other party did bear the title of uncle, at the top of Lunjian Peak, this man did not show any favoritism to Bai Yu, but was rather tense.

  Is it because of the fact that I have been so worried about this recently?

  Thinking of this, Chonghe felt a surge of warmth in his chest and slowed down his tone, "You still have some conscience... But having said that, even if it comes to the point where you have to summon the spirit, I, the master, am more qualified."

  Huo Ye raised his eyes, showing a rare look of surprise.

  "What? You think I'll let it go?" Chong He stroked his beard and acted cocky for a few seconds, then suddenly sighed, "Well, I did consider it."

  "Hua Rong is a demon, and she has lied to everyone. In terms of relationship, she is not as close to me as Chang Shu and A Yu. But if you, the uncle, can do this, how can I, the master, back down?"

  "After all, I picked him myself."

  Remembering that the other party always liked to appreciate beautiful women, Huo Ye felt uncomfortable for no reason, even though he knew very well that his senior brother had always been a gentleman.