Meri hansi tujhse meri khushi tujhse

Bhalla aunty was watching TV when she heard the sound of gate. Craning her neck, she noticed Naina and Ayush accompanied with a new person.

"Chalo achha hai Naina ne yahan dost banane shuru kiye. Bechari ke mummy papa hain nahi aur husband itni door baitha hai... kam se kam doston ke saath hi hans bol ke khush rahegi." She smiled, giving an approving look to the tall guy following her to the door of their stairway at the end of porch.

Sameer looked around at the tastefully decorated living room. Mostly done in white, it was aesthetic.

"Beautiful house." He was appreciative.

"Ghar toh furnished hi tha. I guess Bhalla aunty ki tareef karni chahiye." Naina shrugged, chuckling.

Sameer pursed his lips. He was sure Naina's choice and ideas would have been even better had she set up this house. His eyes drifted to a tall cutglass vase, placed on a side table. The white lilies brought another smile to his face. He might have given them to Ayush but now, as they rested here, close to Naina day and night, he felt a wave of delight course through him... the flowers from him were the first to enter her house, and today, he himself had reached here. The steps were being taken in right direction.

"Aap kya lenge, Sameer sir... tea or coffee?" Her voice made him hold the horses of his dreams.

He shook his head, "Nothing. Thanks. I don't want to trouble you."

"It's no trouble at all. Main roz Ayush aur apne liye bhi banati hun." She put her bag on a side console and held out Ayush's bag to him, who ran to place it in his room without being told.

"Toh aap jo apne liye banati hain, woh mujhe bhi chalega." Sameer said with a slight nod.

She waved at the sofa and Sameer took a seat, suddenly at loss for words now that they were alone in the room. Thankfully, Ayush was back after freshening up. His excited chatter filled up the silence immediately. Naina excused herself to go to the kitchen, getting busy in making coffee for them, milkshake for Ayush, and preparing cheese sandwiches.

Ayush told Sameer about his previous birthday, which he could remember because of the videos and pics Naina had in her phone.

"Wahan toh aapke bohot saare friends honge na?" Sameer asked.

Ayush shook his head, "Nahi. Thode se hi the. Sab log mere saath nahi khelte the. Woh Beena aunty thi na, moti wali, woh manaa kar deti thi sabko."

"Kyon?" Sameer was surprised.

"Pata nahi. Lekin wahan school ke saare friends aaye the mere bday pe. Bas park wale thode se hi the. Phir bhi itte saare gifts ho gaye the mere paas." Ayush spread out both his arms sideways, his eyes shining.

Sameer smiled, making him sit with himself, "Iss baar aur zyada gifts honge."

Ayush scrunched his nose, "Kaise? Two mere friends denge, ek Naina aur ek aap... bas four honge. Mummy papa abhi tak aaye hi nahi. Bhalla aunty bhi dengi kya? Beena aunty ne toh nahi diya tha."

Sameer was now sure that whatever tragedy had struck their parents was in the last few months. He wondered who this Beena aunty was, who did not allow other children to be friendly with Ayush... and why.

Naina called out to Ayush before Sameer could ask him anything else, "Chal aaja Ayush, tere cheese sandwich aur shake rakha hai yahan." She placed the tray on dining table.

"Cheese sandwich? Wow!" Ayush jumped at the mention, and reached the table. She lifted him to make him sit on the chair, and put the glass and sandwiches in front of him.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें