Keh bhi na payein reh bhi na payein... kyon bewajah hai yeh bebasi

Title song is from movie 'Boss', sung by Arijit Singh 'Har kisi ko nahi milta yahan pyar zindagi mein'

Sitting in her cabin, Naina wondered how she had landed in this situation. She had no room for anyone in her life, forget about heart. Then how did the feeling seep through, how could the walls that she had built over the years crumble so easily, why did her forever cautious mind not warn the foolish heart? When did her heart make a place for someone? And that too, for a person who was most benevolent and kind to her and Ayush. On top of that, he owned the company that had given her the only chance to escape, when she needed it most. His gentle manners and actions made her feel worse. It was like taking advantage of his kindness... or trying to fit herself in the picture which included only Ayush and Sameer. Why, in the first place, did she think she could be a part of somebody's picture?

However much she tried to shake it, the fluttering in her heart didn't stop. It was an odd feeling. She didn't know how, but she had begun to feel all such things which she had never felt before. There was something about Sameer that made her feel safe. The way he had comforted her that night after the lift incident in Jaipur, and been with her throughout... she didn't know then, but she felt secure with him. The man who always seemed to be around, was making her feel things she was scared of but still, whenever he was around, she felt she could put all her trust in him. She had been doing it for long... way before she could admit it to herself.

And that thought scared her even more. Trust... which she had lost in every person. That trust brought only one name to her mind now... Sameer.

But she knew she had to keep her guards intact. She didn't want to break the walls and let everyone see her vulnerable heart. She couldn't let her emotions be in display. She couldn't melt.

She couldn't let anyone put a blame on her.

The ring of phone jolted her out of her thoughts.

"Hi behen, kya kar rahi hai? Uss khadoos ne dher saara kaam deke rakha hoga kyonki kaam ke siva aur toh usse kuch aata nahi... and according to him, saans lene se zyada kaam karte rehna zaruri hai." Preeti chirped into the phone, without letting her utter even a greeting.

"Hi Preeti." Naina said when she paused to catch a breath.

"Arre ! Mere itne saare sawalon ka jawab sirf Hi Preeti?" She lowered her voice at the other end, "Behen, tu na khul ke apne boss ki burai kar sakti hai mere saath. Promise, main usse kuch nahi kahungi."

Naina was glad they were on phone, or Preeti would have seen her flushed face at the mention of Sameer's name, "Mujhe koi burai nahi karni."

"Hain? Koi bhi nahi? Matlab ek choti si half... quarter... kuch bhi nahi!" Preeti definitely sounded shocked.

"Sameer mein koi burai hai hi nahi." Naina blurted before she could think what she was saying.

Thankfully, Preeti didn't misinterpret it, "Yeh lo. Tune toh mere gossip session ki excitement pe paani hi pher diya. Isse achha Rohan ko call kar leti. Uske aur mere notes same hote hain. Ek baar Sameer ko discuss karna start kiya toh poora din kab khatam hota hai pata hi nahi chalta. Khair tu abhi jaanti nahi na usse, isliye keh rahi hai warna saara office usse khadoos boss hi kehta hai."

"Aisa kuch nahi hai, Preeti. Sameer ki toh sab bohot praise karte hain. He's very decent and admired by everyone." Naina defended him instantly.

"Oho! Toh jaake usse ek baar bataa de, behen. Usse lagta hai sab usse arrogant aur strict samajhte hain. Tere muh se apni tareef sunega toh khush ho jayega." Preeti chuckled.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें