Mari hun main ab tere ishq bukhar mein

Sorry for the delay... wasn't able to publish because of Wattpad glitche

Title is the song 'Haye chaka chak chaka chak hai tu' from movie 'Atrangi Re'

With the sound of alarm, Naina opened her eyes. Her first thought was that it was Sameer's birthday. He slept peacefully, unperturbed by the alarm. His head rested on her shoulder, his face buried in her neck, his arm flung across her waist, his one leg folded over her both... he had pinned her to the bed completely. As his body moved softly with each breath he took, she weaved her fingers through his hair gently.

So much had changed in one year. She still remembered his birthday last year. How formal they were with each other. She was hesitant to go out even for an ice cream with him. And now... he was where her days began and where her nights ended. He was the smile that remained not just on her lips but in her heart as well. He was the sparkle that had brought back life to her eyes. He was the thought that always consumed her mind. He was the beating heart inside her chest.

He was everything.

He had taught her that life could be more than just surviving. With him, happiness that always eluded her, had finally given in, and entered her life, to stay. He was the magic that happened to her. She had never believed in magic but this magic was real. The way she had trusted him without realisation was magic, the way he always was her saviour whenever she lost her balance was magic, the connection their souls had formed even before she confessed her feelings was magic, the bond that had bound them together at the most unexpected time was magic... and now, the interminable love in their hearts for each other was magic.

It was the first time she would be celebrating his birthday, and she had to make it special.

Though she didn't want to, Naina carefully unraveled herself from him, and slipped out of the bed, after placing a pillow in her place. He snuggled into the pillow, hugging it hard, which brought a smile to her face. Shaking her head, she adjusted the cover over him, and left the room.

Today was the day when a lot needed to be done, without letting him know... at least till it was time. She wanted the day to be perfect for him. He deserved nothing less because he was perfect himself.

An hour later, Sameer felt cool lips pressed to his forehead. With a contented smile, he wrapped his arms around the frame that he knew was leaning over him.

"Good morning sweetheart." His heavy, sleep laden voice made Naina give him another kiss on the tip of his nose.

He lazily opened his eyes, to find her fresh, glowing face right in front. Her wet hair were falling over her shoulders. With a dazzling smile, she leaned to kiss on his one cheek, then other and winked, "Happy Birthday."

He grinned, recalling what Ayush had said last year... that birthday wish was to be given in this manner.

"Kaash mera birthday roz aata." He rubbed his nose with hers.

She chuckled, "Roz aata toh itna special nahi hota."

He raised a quizzical brow, "Main roz tumhare saath hota hun... kya main special nahi hun?"

She laughed, "Tum sabse special ho buddhu. Subah subah apni baton mein mujhe uljhao mat."

"Okay. Raat ko uljhaun toh chalega?" His eyes twinkled with mischief.

"Dhatt." She pushed him, getting up before he could pull her back.

He sat up, taking a deep breath, and watched her, unable to believe this blushing girl was the same enchantress from last night.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें