Kuch bhi na samjhe kuch bhi na maane... dil kar raha hai kitne bahane

Title is the song 'Jadoo hai nasha hai' from movie 'Jism'

When Sameer and Naina reached the hotel, they were escorted outside the other door at the end of the main lobby. Sameer did not remember any extension here, thus was surprised.

"Restaurant toh neeche hi hai phir aap kahan le jaa rahe hain?" He asked the person with them when he led them to a lift.

After pressing the button, he turned and smiled, "Sir, aapki party terrace pe hai. Ma'm ne special permission leke arrange karwayi hai." He waved a hand at Naina.

It was another beautiful surprise for Sameer. He had no clue when Naina went about making all these arrangements. She was always with him, in office and at home. When they had shopped for his clothes, she had not stopped anywhere to buy the ring, nor had gone shopping alone... as far as he knew. But then, he didn't know about the cake too. When he thought she was visiting the markets, she was preparing his first surprise at home.

With a fond smile, he slipped his fingers in her palm, pressing it lightly. She looked up at him, contented with the knowledge that he liked this arrangement too.

Terrace wasn't the top most floor of the hotel, but a large open area adjoining a Convention hall. It was never given for parties or wedding functions, for which dedicated banquets were designed on ground floor. But Naina had spoken to their management and had arranged for the dinner table for entire family to be placed here. Sameer was aware that with such high end establishments, it wasn't just the money... they maintained their exclusivity through such rules. Nonetheless, his wife had made them break one of theirs, just because he loved such open terraces.

The place was aesthetically pleasing. Whole area was lit up with fairy lights and lamps. Everything was white... the table cover, chairs, cushions, flowers all around... even his family was dressed in white, all of them. He was amazed, because she had chosen a white shirt for him too. But herself, she was still in that pink saree. He had no reason to complain... she looked ravishing in pink. He again wished they had some more time in Bhalla aunty's house.

The loud, collective voice brought him out of his wistful thinking as they both reached the seating area, "Happy Birthday!"

He grinned, "Aap sabne raat ko wish kar toh diya tha."

Nanu narrowed his eyes, "Aisa rule hai kya, ki sirf ek baar wish karna hota hai?"

Vivek laughed, "Bhai mujhe toh saara din kar liya karo. Ek din hi toh hota hai jab yeh special treatment milti hai." He winked at his wife, "Birthday wale din biwi bhi nahi daant ti."

Rohan rounded his mouth in amazement, "Sachhi papa? You mean jab mera birthday ayega, Preeti poora din... matlab poore ke poore chaubees ghante mujhe nahi daant sakti?"

A punch landed on his shoulder, along with a smirk from his wife, "Aisa bhi rule nahi hai mister."

Sameer pulled a chair for Naina next to Ayush, taking one on the other side of her after she settled, and smiled at Rohan and Preeti, "Yeh toh tabhi pata chalega, jab tera birthday ayega. Abhi usmein time hai."

While talking to Rohan, he failed to notice when Naina gestured to someone near the door. The lights suddenly went dim. He looked around, to find the fairy lights switched off, and lamps subdued. Before he could enquire, a large rectangular board flicked with soft white light. Next instant, a message flashed on it 'Happy Birthday Sameer'. His eyes widened at what appeared after that. It was an old picture, of him in his mom's arms, with his dad and nanu on either side. It was his first birthday. As a one year old child, he wasn't much aware, but looked at the cake in wonder where two candles flickered.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें