Bheegi si bhaagi si' mere baajuon mein samaye... gulabi si subah

Title is the song 'Bheegi si bhaagi si' from movie 'Raajneeti'

Here's a game for you. Surprise is hidden between the story somewhere. Read carefully today, and dm me the answer. Let's see who gets it. Winner will be entitled to another surprise

When they went to the beach in the evening, Sameer felt Naina wasn't as cheerful as before. There were a few people around, enjoying the gushing waves, playing in water, and laughing freely. Ayush was happy to jump at the edge of water just to get his feet wet, not venturing ahead. Probably the vastness of sea was too overwhelming for him, for day one.

As they stood together, watching their little boy play on his own, Sameer held Naina's hand, curling his fingers over her palm, "Kya hua Naina? Tum tired ho kya?"

She looked up at him, smiling, "Shayad thodi tired ho gayi. Don't worry, I'll be fine."

In that one glance, he had seen that her smile did not reach her eyes. Something was bothering her, but she was smiling to hide it from him.

"Jaise tum apni har muskurahat mujhse baant ti ho Naina, aise hi apna har aansu bhi baantogi toh mujhe achha lagega." He said in a soft voice.

She took in a deep breath before speaking, "Nahi Sameer, aansu nahi, bas ek yaad ki leher laut aayi, aur aankhon ki ret pe apna nishan chod gayi." She looked at him, and swallowed, her eyes filled with guilt, "I'm sorry. Mujhe yeh sab nahi sochna chahiye."

He lifted their joined hands, and placed a kiss at the back of her fingers, "Jaise inn lehron ko koi nahi rok sakta, aise hi yaadein bhi kisi ke control mein nahi hoti. You don't have to be sorry. Lekin agar mere saath share karogi toh... toh mujhe achha lagega."

She looked back at the waves, crashing on the shore, and sighed, "Mujhe pehle beaches bohot achhe lagte the. Mumma papa ke saath maine India ke saare famous beaches dekhe hain. Lekin jab hum..." She let out a shuddering breath, "... ek lambe gap ke baad ghoomne gaye toh London gaye the. Wahan se ek din kuch hundred kilometers door ek beach pe gaye. Uss din mujhe beach achha nahi laga."

He waited. When she didn't speak for a while, he pressed the hand he was holding, giving her much needed strength.

Her gaze lifted to the choppy waters, "Uss din mujhe laga ki samundar itna bada hote hue bhi na kisi ko zindagi de sakta hai na uska paani kisi ki pyas bujha sakta hai. Apni khud ki lehron ko woh kinare pe phenk deta hai, jaante hue ki unka wajood iss mitti mein khatm ho jayega. Woh lehren bhi gusse mein shor karte hue yahan aati hain, lekin kinare pe aate hi unka astitva mit jaata hai. Whatever is left, quietly goes back to the same ocean."

Sameer had never felt the version that she mentioned. But now, hearing her words, he watched the waves rush to the shore with a furore, leaving a part of themselves with sand, and wane back meekly to join the same angry water. He could relate this to her situation at that time. It wasn't easy to find calm in outside scenario when a storm has left a person shattered completely from within.

Holding his hand, Naina stepped ahead, till they reached where the waves covered their feet with their foamy outburst.

"Jab hum iske paas jaate hain, yeh samundar humpe bhi wohi gussa dikhata hai... hamare pairon ke neeche se zameen le jaane ki koshish karta hai." She clutched his hand as they felt the sand being swept away from under their feet along with receding waves.

Sameer placed his other hand over their joined palms, "Samundar kitni bhi koshish karle Naina, yeh zameen hamesha yahin rehti hai."

She looked at him.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें