Tu pyar hai kisi aur ka

The first face that Sameer and nanu encountered as the lift opened on their floor was Vikas, Sameer's missing assistant.

After he wished them with a glum face, nanu asked him in a stern voice, "Vikas, tum ek week tak bina inform kiye gaayab ho gaye. Tumhara phone bhi unreachable tha. Yahan tak ki ghar pe bhi lock tha, humne bheja tha kisi ko. Leave chahiye thi toh inform karna chahiye tha na."

Vikas blinked his eyes a few times, trying to hold back the tears, "Sir, I'm very sorry. Emergency hi aisi aayi ki baaki sab kuch mind se nikal gaya. I'm extremely sorry."

Nanu softened a little, seeing his forlorn state, "Aisa kya hua? Tum toh yahan akele rehte ho na? All well with you?"

Vikas lowered his eyes, "Sir, meri mummy ko serious heart problem batayi hai doctor ne. Pichle week woh achanak behosh ho gayi. Padosi ne mujhe phone kiya. Main toh sunte hi pagal ho gaya. Kuch hosh hi nahi raha... aur seedha ghar ke liye nikal gaya. Jaldi mein inform karne ka khyal hi nahi aaya. Bas yeh poora week unko leke alag alag doctors aur hospitals ke chakkar lagata raha. Kabhi ek test kabhi doosra. Bohot paise lage. Lekin sir, paise maa baap se badh kar toh nahi hote na... aur mere paas ab sirf maa hi hain parivaar ke naam pe."

Nanu placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, "Ab kaisi hain tumhari mummy?"

"Theek toh nahi hain, sir, lekin mujhe wapas bhi aana tha. Aakhir job ka sawaal tha. Unki surgery kaafi expensive hogi. Isliye mujhe job important hai. Warna unhe iss haal mein akele chod ke bilkul nahi aata." Vikas was on the verge of crying.

Sameer was surprised, "Lekin tum unhe akele chod ke aaye hi kyon? Yahan saath le aate na apne paas. Tum bhi akele hi rehte ho."

"Woh sir, woh actually yahan nahi aa sakti. Main ek room ke ghar mein rehta hun. Koi kitchen tak nahi hai. Paise bachaane ke liye bas ek basic room le rakha hai. Unko kaise rakh sakta hun aisi condition mein. Bade ghar ki aadat hai unhe." Vikas explained.

Nanu patted his shoulder, "Daro nahi, tumhari mummy theek ho jayengi. Mujhe yakeen hai jaldi hi unki surgery karwa paoge tum."

As nanu and Sameer went towards their rooms, they failed to notice Naina who had stopped a few steps away, behind the lift partition. She was seeing Vikas for the first time, but she had heard his name often so it wasn't difficult to understand who he was. Listening to the condition of his mother, she could feel his pain.

"Uhh, Mr Vikas... hi." She stepped out from where she was standing when Vikas neared her.

He gave her a startled look.

Naina smiled gently, "Actually maine abhi aapki baatein suni... sorry for that, but I just wanted to say please don't hesitate to ask for any help if you need it. Oh I'm sorry, maine apna introduction toh diya hi nahi. I'm Naina Agarwal, Rohan ki new assistant... last Monday hi join kiya hai. Aapki mummy ke baare mein sunke... I know how you must be feeling. Parents kitne important hote hain life mein, jaanti hun. I wish aapki mom jaldi se jaldi theek ho jayein."

Vikas had gotten over the initial shock, "Thank you, Naina. Achha laga sun ke. Aapko zarur bataunga agar help chahiye hogi. Waise ab aapne wish kiya hai toh I'm sure mummy jaldi theek ho jayengi."

Naina nodded, "Fingers crossed. Okay, see you. Good to meet you."

Holding the file, she knocked and went inside nanu's room where Rohan was waiting for her.

Sameer had just entered his room when he realised he hadn't asked nanu about the details they were to discuss with Mr Seth whom they were to meet today.

"Jaake hi puch leta hun." Instead of calling up, he opened the door and stepped out into the corridor... only to see Naina's smiling face.

But the smile wasn't for him. She was talking to Vikas. Sameer simmered at the easy manner in which she was speaking. He didn't like Vikas from day one, and it wasn't just for his efficiency in work. He always gave a bad vibe. Though Sameer couldn't exactly put a finger on the traits that troubled him, Vikas appeared to be a slimy character. And now, he stood gaping at Naina. Sameer fisted his hands, controlling himself from straightaway going and punching him in the face. But then, what was wrong with Naina... how was she so comfortably talking to someone she met right now... Sameer had no doubt that Naina didn't know Vikas from before. Gritting his teeth, he watched as Vikas talked to her with interest. Sameer came back inside his room and banged the door shut. It seemed everyone in the office was on friendly terms with Naina... everyone but him.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें