Shaamil nahi thi tu jinmein... woh saare pal bewajah the

Title is the song 'Dil mein ho tum' from movie 'Why Cheat India'

Naina finally sat up in bed after tossing and turning for two hours. The bed was comfortable, temperature in the room was maintained, there was nothing lacking... except for the warmth that she had gotten used to. She sighed, it was the first night. There were still five more before they would get married, and be together. She left the bed and walked to the suitcase. If not Sameer, she would hold his shirt and try to sleep surrounded by his scent.

Sameer came back to the room, to be greeted by the same emptiness. He picked up the phone, wondering whether he should call or not.

"Agar Naina so gayi hogi toh disturb ho jayegi." He rotated the phone in his fingers, contemplating whether he wanted to give in to his urge of calling her or keep her comfort in mind and let her sleep.

The phone pinged, making him jump.

A heart.

Naina had messaged a heart.

Grinning at the signal, he immediately pressed on the camera icon.

Her smiling face appeared as she accepted the call, "Maine socha kahin tum so toh nahi gaye."

"Tumhare bina neend kaise ayegi jaan." He whined.

"Sameer, we have to go through this." She was upset to see his glum face.

It suddenly occurred to him, "Naina, yeh toh cheating hai. Tum meri shirt le gayi lekin apna kuch diya hi nahi. Ab main kya karun?" He huffed.

She pressed her forehead, scrunching her nose. He groaned, wondering if he could at least kiss the screen in reaction to this adorable gesture.

"Sameer, tum itne buddhu kaise ho sakte ho?" Unaware of the direction of his thoughts, she rolled her eyes.

"Huh?" He furrowed his brows... did he do it in real?

"Offo. Mera saara wardrobe room mein hi toh hai. Main bas kuch hi dresses yahan laayi hun. Baaki sab wahin hain." She elaborated, making him realise that she wasn't talking about the kiss.

"Arre haan." His eyes brightened, "Main toh bhool hi gaya tha."

She laughed, "Kabhi kabhi lagta Ayush jitna dimaag hai tumhare paas."

"Dimaag ka toh chal jayega madam lekin mushkil toh iss bechare dil ki hai." He placed a hand over his heart.

She quirked up a brow, "Kyon? Kya hua tumhare dil ko?"

"Koi hai jiske bina aajkal yeh dil rehna hi nahi chahta. Abhi bhi bohot akela aur udaas hai." Sameer brooded, patting his chest.

"Oh! Bada dukh hua sunke ki jiske liye tumhara dil itna udaas hai usse tumhari koi fiqr hi nahi." She waved her head sadly.

"Kisne kaha usse fiqr nahi. Woh bhi meri yaad mein aise hi jaag rahi hai jaise main jaag raha hun." He frowned.

"Achha. Toh tum uske saath hi baatein kar lo. Mujhe ab neend aa rahi hai. Koi hai jo mujhe bula raha hai." Naina faked a yawn.

Sameer was instantly alert, forgetting all pretense, "Yeh kya bol rahi ho Naina? Kaun bula raha hai?"

She rolled her eyes, lifted her hand that held his shirt, and placed it next to her cheek, "Ek ahsaas... kisi ke pyar ka. Ab tum bhi so jao."

He let out an exhale, "Tum aisa mazaak mat kiya karo. Achha suno na Naina, thodi der aur baat karte hain. Mujhe neend nahi aa rahi."

"Lekin mujhe aa rahi hai. Good night Sameer. Kal subah milenge." She smiled before ending the call.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें