Ki lagne laga khwabon se behtar yeh jahan

I have been trying to post for a long time but it was not getting uploaded. Sorry for making you wait

Title is the song 'Aankhon ke darmiyan' by 'Rishbh tiwari'

The festival was quite different for Naina this year. Though she had celebrated previous Diwali in this very house, it was not the same. This Diwali, she was not just an invited guest, but was in her own home, with her entire family, with her husband and son. Along with Preeti, she had been busy decorating the whole house for almost a week. New curtains, new cushions, change of upholstery, some paintings, lamps, floral arrangements... they had livened up the interiors. The enthusiasm, the excitement, the exuberance... all was real. She wanted to brighten up everything, just like her own life had brightened after coming to this house. Neither Ramdhari's insistence that he would do the required work, nor Vishakha's gentle reprimand that both of them should have attended Diwali parties rather than keeping themselves busy in sprucing up every corner of the house... nothing could deter Naina, and her alacrity rubbed on Preeti as well. Together, they lit up every empty space.

The festive spirit was evident from the noise of crackers and sparkling lights that dotted all houses along with earthen lamps, on the night which otherwise would have been dark, without the presence of moon. Quite a few of neighbours and friends had dropped in earlier during the day, exchanging sweets and gifts. The house was filled with ecstatic laughter and abundant sweets.

After Naina helped Ayush get dressed in a traditional kurta in deep maroon, she smiled lovingly, "Aaj mera baby bohot smart lag raha hai."

Ayush wrinkled his nose, "Smart toh hun par main ab baby nahi hun. Dekho, main papa jitna big hone wala hun." He pressed his shoulder closer to her elbow, hunching it further up to show how tall he had grown.

She pinched his cheek, "Tu mera baby hai, aur baby hi rahega."

"Aur mera bhi." Sameer entered the room with a radiant smile.

Ayush placed his hands on waist, glaring at the two of them, "Mujhe baby nahi banna. School mein sab mujhe big boy bolte hain. Bas aap dono hi baby bolte ho. Kyon? Aapko main big nahi lagta kya?"

Sameer kneeled down, to match his height, "Tumhe abhi big hone mein time hai. Tab tak main tumhare jitna ban jaata hun." He waved a palm in the air over their heads, "Dekho, ab hum dono same hain."

Ayush gave him a disapproving look, before a quick smile lit up his face. Clicking his fingers, he grinned at Naina, "Mumma, hum dono same hain toh abse aap papa ko baby bana lo."

Even after holding a palm over her mouth, Naina was unable to suppress the laughter as Ayush sprinted out of the room, leaving Sameer gaping at the door.

"Tum... tum mujhpe hans rahi ho?" He stood up, brushing his kurta, and gave an embarrassed look to Naina.

Giving a quick shake to her head, she sniggered behind her palm. Seeing her crinkled eyes and shaking shoulders, Sameer frowned, "Naina, dekho agar iss baat pe tumne mera mazak udaya na toh..." He furrowed his brows, whining, "Maine bataya tha na mujhe uss waqt nahi pata tha Ayush kaun hai."

She stepped closer, keeping a straight face, and dipped her head, "Main bilkul mazak nahi udaungi."

He breathed easy, smiling, "Maine sorry bhi toh bola tha."

She raised her heels, whispering softly near his ear, "It's okay... baby."

The smile froze on his face. But Naina was already out of the room, leaving only the ringing sound of her laughter behind.

When Sameer went down, she was busy with Vishakha and Preeti, making arrangements for puja. His frown melted away when he saw her putting the pallu over her head, and lighting a diya in front of the pictures of naniji and her parents. Later, they all performed the puja together. After nanu finished the aarti, all three couples did the same one after the other. Then it was Deepika's turn. She taught Ayush how to move the thaali and pray after she handed him the plate.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें