Na jaane dil mera kyon tujhko na de sakun

Title is the song 'Kuch toh hai' from movie 'Do Lafzon ki Kahani'

Nanu was sleeping peacefully in his bed. Sameer entered the room, slowing his distressed footsteps. Naina waited at the door, clutching the wooden panel. She didn't know what the doctor said, but whatever it was, had to be vital for which Mr Maheshwari needed to be taken to hospital.

"Nanu." Sameer pressed the shoulder of sleeping old man gently.

He didn't stir.

"Nanu, uthiye please. Aapko... aapne khana nahi khaya ab tak." Sameer shook him, refraining himself from creating panic by mentioning the report.

There was no movement.

Fear gripped him, and he shook harder, speking in a louder voice, "Nanu, nanu uthiye na. Please nanu, kya hua aapko? Aap uth kyon nahi rahe?"

After making the urgent call, Naina immediately joined Sameer, kneeling next to the bed. She patted his cheek, rubbed his hands... but nanu didn't move.

"Aap hatiye." She pushed Sameer away, perching on the edge of the bed, and pulled the blanket down from his chest, placing her head near his heart.

The heartbeat hummed in her ear.

She straightened and looked back, "Maine ambulance bula li hai. Aap sab ko bata dijiye. We'll take him to hospital."

Without waiting for his reaction, she rolled the blanket and placed it under nanu's feet. When it didn't give much elevation, she grabbed two pillows from other side of the bed, lifted his legs and placed them under his ankles at lightening speed. When she looked back, Sameer was standing with a frozen expression.

"Jaiye Sameer." She screamed, making him scramble out.

Picking the jug of water from side table, she wet the corner of her pallu and started dabbing nanu's face, "Sir... sir please open your eyes." She placed the wet cloth on his forehead and eyes, "sir... nanu... nanu uthiye na... aapne kaha tha main aapko... dekhiye, aapki beti bula rahi hai nanu, mujhse baatein kijiye." She didn't stop talking, nor dabbing his face.

"Uhh k... kaun... Sameer?" Finally, a feeble voice fell in her ear.

"Nanu, Sameer aa rahe hain... abhi bulati hun." She breathed in relief, as the blaring siren of ambulance from distance fell in her ear.

Nanu had mild awareness when he was put in the ambulance and taken to hospital. She followed in the car, along with Sameer while Rohan brought Vivek and Vishakha in his car.

Doctor was with them almost immediately.

"Don't worry, he's okay. Hosh mein hain this is a good sign. Chota sa procedure hai, blood pressure normal hote hi hum surgery kar denge. Darne ki baat nahi hai." He assured the frantic family members.

"Lekin doctor, hua kya hai? Papa subah toh bilkul theek the." Vishakha queried, extremely worried.

"Theek nahi the... bas humein pata nahi tha. Abhi reports aayi hain toh sab kuch clear hua. Unki do arteries blocked hain. Stent daalna padega. Achha hua jo pehle hi pata chal gaya, nahi toh mostly cases mein patient ko attack aata hai ya woh collapse ho jaate hain tab test hota hain. Sameer ne last time insist kiya toh humne yeh test bhi kar liye... aur situation clear ho gayi." Doctor informed.

Vivek was anxious, "Are you sure koi khatra nahi hai? I mean, agar koi better treatment chahiye, ya kisi specialist ko bulana hai toh main..."

The elderly doctor smiled, "Tumhare papa ke liye sabse bada specialist unka parivar hai. Daro nahi. Kuch nahi hoga. Stent lagte hi woh bilkul theek ho jayenge. Bas thodi si precautions... woh bhi thode din ke liye. Abhi woh senses mein hain, baatein kar rahe hain, sabko pehchaan rahe hain all this is a positive sign. Since he's calm, BP bhi jaldi hi stabilise ho jayega. Aapne achha kiya jo unke pair elevate karke unhe hosh mein le aaye."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें