Faasle aur kam ho rahe hain door se paas hum ho rahe hain

Info:
'Beend' in Rajasthani language means bridegroom

"Sameer, bhai aise hi dekhta raha toh Naina se pehle saari duniya ko pata chal jayega." Sanjay whispered, tapping Sameer's leg under the table when his eyes did not move from Naina even after the dance had ended... nor did the dreamy smile leave his face.

Sameer instantly lowered his head, becoming aware of the people around.

Naina stood talking to the dancers once the music stopped. The girl who had asked her to wear a ghagra the other day praised her outfit, "Dekha didi, kitni sundar lag rahi ho aap. Agar yeh chunri sar pe pehen lo toh bilkul dulhan lagogi."

Other girl, who hadn't spoken to her last time, admired her as well, "Jab sach mein dulhan bani hogi tab toh tumhara 'beend' behosh hi ho gaya hoga... abhi bhi kitne pyar se dekhta hai, shaadi ke itne saal baad tak."

Naina was taken aback, "Shaadi? Lekin main toh..."

"Waise tumhara beta bhi bohot pyara hai... bilkul tum jaisa." The girl looked in the direction of their table, her eyes on Ayush.

Naina's eyes drifted to their seat. She gave a clipped smile and said she needed to go.

Back at the table, she was talking to everyone in the same manner, laughing at Sanjay's jokes and fussing over Ayush... to stop herself from dwelling on the girl's comment. After food, they went down to their floor. Since Sanjay was to stay with Sameer for the night, they said their goodnights at the door, and went to their respective rooms.

Once Ayush was asleep, Naina got up to stand at the large glass window. A full moon in the sky smiled back at her. Her mind had been in a tumultuous chaos since the girl on terrace had called them a family. She was thankful it wasn't mentioned in front of Sameer... how he would have felt... she squeezed her eyes shut. His kind heartedness shouldn't become an embarrassment for him. She should probably be more careful that no one gets such notion in future. But then, he always seemed to be there whenever she needed anyone.

She thought about what all had transpired in last twenty four hours. The events of last night in the lift, and her breakdown... Sameer had been a big support all through. Her heart lurched as she recalled how she had held his arm, and wanted to hide behind him to feel safe. She gulped... yes, she did not hesitate even once to touch him. This was so unusual for her... and this wasn't the first time either, she had held onto him earlier too... even if both the times it happened involuntarily. But when he offered his hand last night, and helped her walk over to her side of the bed, she had taken his hand knowingly.

Was it because she had started to trust him? Naina was shocked to realise she did trust him more than anyone else. But how could she?

She stared at the moon, "Maine toh maan liya tha kabhi kisi pe bharosa nahi karungi... phir ye kaise? Nahi, Sameer ko main sirf teen mahine se jaanti hun, itne kam samay mein... jab saalon ki jaan pehchan kisi ko samajhne ke liye kaafi nahi hai toh sirf teen mahine mein unpe bharosa kaise ho sakta hai!"

Whether it was a voice from her heart, or the moon, she didn't know... but it seemed the words were not just in her mind, "Tune bharosa kiya nahi hai, Naina... ho gaya hai. Apne aap. Sameer pe poora bharosa hai tujhe. Kabhi ek second ke liye bhi tera dil ghabraya hai Ayush ko uske saath dekh ke? Nahi na. Jab tu Ayush ke liye uspe bina soche trust kar sakti hai toh iska matlab jaanti hai na... in spite of your resolve to never trust anyone, you do now. You trust Sameer."

She twisted her neck to look at Ayush. Yes, she never once hesitated to let him be with Sameer. Time and again, he had shown how much he cared for Ayush... just like her. The thought was a pleasant realisation... after her parents, Sameer was the only one who was as much concerned about Ayush as she was. The trust had been built by his effortless concern.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें