Roz yahi maangu duaa teri meri baat bane

The song is 'Tu rang sharbaton ka, main meethe ghat ka paani'

Each day was getting tougher than the previous one for Naina. Sameer spared no chance to get close to her. Though he didn't say or do anything when they had company, he easily managed time for them to be alone, and did not forget to remind her of their new relationship. Then there were those calls. He never failed to call her at night. Naina hardly uttered a word in the conversation... it was mainly one sided, but she didn't dare to end the call... lest he came home, as he had threatened.

It was two days before Diwali when Dhruv came to Sameer's room.

"Sameer, main aapko apni sister ka wedding invitation dene aaya hun. You have to come. Aap engagement pe bhi nahi aaye the. Family mein sab aapse milna chahte hain. Please try to make it this time." He placed the card on the table.

Sameer smiled warmly, "Of course Dhruv. I'll try my best. Agar koi urgent kaam nahi aa gaya toh main definitely attend karunga."

Satisfied with his assurance, Dhruv left the room. Sameer picked up the card, made a mental note to arrange for a gift to be sent and put it in his drawer. He had no intention of attending a wedding where he didn't know anyone. Random persons came to you in such functions and asked everything from your family to education to job to number of girlfriends. He wasn't prepared to face the horde of people eying him as a prospective groom for some unaware girl of their family, who would be as clueless about the alliances that would be propelled at her. He never liked this kind of thing earlier... and now, he didn't need it.

He was married... to his Naina.

A rumble in his stomach reminded him that he had missed breakfast today. Deciding to take an early break for lunch, he left for the café.

Sameer was halfway through his lunch when he noticed Naina coming in with her group of friends. Since he was not in direct view, and as per her habit, she didn't look around, she remained unaware of his presence. The group settled on a larger table. Farhan and Vedika went to the counter to place the orders while Naina and Dhruv seemed to be engrossed in some conversation. Suddenly Sameer lost his appetite. Dhruv seemed to be explaining something to her intently, to which Naina kept nodding. Her head was lowered, eyes fixed on the table, but Dhruv kept looking at her as he went on speaking. To his relief, the other two joined them soon, and their decibel level increased.

"Best idea hai. Do songs ko mila lete hain." Farhan stated.

Vedika shook her head, "Nahi, do se zyada lete hain, mashup types. Mixing main kar dungi. Kuch romantic aur kuch shaadi wale."

Naina gave her an uncomfortable look, "Vedika, mujhse nahi hoga. Yeh romance wagerah main nahi kar paungi. Leave me out of it."

Sameer was taken aback. Had Naina told them? But that couldn't be possible... when he couldn't bring himself to share it with anyone at all, even with nanu or Preeti or Raghav and Sanjay, how could Naina tell her recent friends so easily? Then who she needed to romance... and why?

Vedika's words took his attention back to them, "Offo Naina, do minute ke liye pretend hi to karna hai, kaunsa tujhe sach mein romance karne ko bol rahe hain... woh bhi Dhruv ya Farhan ke saath. An itne time se jaante hain hum log ek doosre ko toh itna comfort level aa hi jaana chahiye."

Naina gave a contrite look to them, "I'm sorry guys. Aisa nahi hai ki main tum sabke saath comfortable nahi hun. But please understand, mujhse koi romantic dance nahi hoga. Mujhe toh dance hi nahi aata. Lekin tum logon ne kaha toh maine agree kar liya. But yeh sab... sorry."

Dhruv raised his palms to placate her, "Okay, no issue. Hum aisa karte hain, shaadi ke hi do teen songs rakh lete hain. Pehle part mein tum aur Vedika perform kar lena, doosre mein main aur Farhan aur last wale mein hum chaaron. And don't worry, tumhe kisi tarah ka discomfort nahi hoga. Hum aise koi steps nahi rakhenge."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें