Sehmi hai dhadkan... sihri hai dhadkan... thehri hai dhadkan

Title is the song by Atif Aslam from movie 'Daas Dev'

Naina stood frozen at the spot, too stunned to react. It was a dream... it had to be. There was no other explanation. She lifted a shaky hand to Sameer's face, expecting him to disappear when she touched him. But her fingers met his rough jaw, the prickle of his dark stubble jolting her. She pulled back her hand in a flash, alarmed.

Sameer looked at her, understanding the confusion of her mind, "This is the beginning, Naina... beginning of us."

She stared at him, her skin still burning where his lips had touched her. Her eyes were wide at their proximity. He was so close that she thought she could hear his heartbeat. His eyes were a dark ocean, she seemed to be drowning in the determination reflecting in them. And then his lips... the ones that were pressed against her skin moments back... probably her skin would forever tingle where they had touched her. It wasn't a dream... he had kissed her in real.

His voice was soft as he moved his hands away from the wall and clasped her hands, "Sapna nahi hai, hakeekat hai. Mujhe bhi sapne jaisa hi lag raha hai... aisa sapna jo main uss din se dekh raha hun jabse tum meri zindagi mein aayi ho."

She continued to look at him, without blinking... there were no words. She was speechless. What could she say when he had done something that made her heart forget to beat.

"Maine ab tak khud ko bohot roka hai, Naina... kyonki main apna pyar accept karne ke liye tumhe pressurise nahi karna chahta tha. Lekin aaj mujhe woh jawab mil gaya jo main kabse tumhari aankhon mein padhne ki koshish kar raha tha. Yeh parwaah, yeh fiqr..." He lovingly looked down at his bandaged hand, "...mujhe apne paas rakhne ka tumhara yeh secret style..." He flicked his brows at her open cupboard before giving a lopsided smile, "...abhi ke liye itna kaafi hai. Ab mujhe tumhare dil ka woh raaz pata chal gaya jo tum itne dinon se chupa rahi thi. Ab main sab kuch jaan gaya hun, Naina."

His words were like ice cold water, bringing her to the realisation that he didn't know anything.

"Aap nahi jaante. Kuch raaz hain jo aap nahi jaante." She uttered, not moving her gaze from him.

Sameer was not ready to hear any reasoning today. He shook his head, "Aur main janna bhi nahi chahta. Sabse bada sach yeh hai ki hum dono ki shaadi hui hai, aur tumne iss rishte ko dil se accept kiya hai. Tumhare kal mein kya hua tha, usse hamare aaj, ya aane wale kal pe koi farq nahi padta, Naina. You are my life, my world... aur aaj tumne mujhe jo khushi di hai, uske baad mujhe kisi aur baat ko janne ki zarurat nahi hai."

"Please aap ek baar sun lijiye. Sab kuch itna simple nahi hai jaisa aapko lag raha hai. Agar hota toh main..." She almost blurted that she would have accepted his love long back, but controlled in the nick of time. He was already so ecstatic, and if he came to know about her feelings for him, he wouldn't be ready to listen to her story, "... please aap mere liye hi sun lijiye. It's very important for me ki aapko aage badhne se pehle sab pata ho..."

Sameer quirked up a brow, cutting her mid sentence, "Aage badhne se pehle? Matlab tum aage badhne ke liye ready ho? Naina, sach?"

Her heart rammed against her ribs, threatening to fall out. The way his eyes raced between her eyes and lips, Naina felt her legs turn into jelly. She pressed herself back against the cupboard, unknowingly clutching his hands tighter, to save herself from collapsing.

"Ahh." The pain made Sameer cry out.

"Oh sorry." She quickly lifted their joined hands, loosening her hold on his palm as she checked to see if it was bleeding, "Bohot dard ho raha hai?"

His face broke into a smile, "Tumne choo liya, dard gayab."

When her eyes met his, the pain was evident in them, "Yeh dard mila bhi toh meri wajah se hai. Main aapke kisi dard ki wajah nahi banna chahti."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें