Teri ore mujhko leke chalein... yeh duniya bhar ke sab raaste

Title is the song 'Soch n sake' from movie 'Airlift'

"Sir, aapka orange juice." The boy placed both glasses in front of Sameer.

Naina stifled a laugh, seeing Sameer relax a bit when the boy did not address her. Once he was gone, after Sameer told him that he had already given the order at the counter, Naina's hand meandered to his tight fist on the table. She slipped her fingers through his palm, loosening his fist, and linked her fingers with his. His eyes darted to their hands, then to her face. She raised her brows, still holding back her smile. First thing he did was to bring their joined hands to his lips, and planted a kiss on her knuckles.

"Tab bhi karna chahta tha. Lekin himmat nahi hui." He said with a contented smile.

Naina looked into his eyes, "Jinki nazren sirf ek doosre pe hon, unhe kise ke aane, ya jaane se koi farq nahi padta."

The surprise was quite evident on his face. She had said exactly the same thing to Kamya that night. But now, she had directed it to him. And he knew why.

"Umm... mujhse dekha nahi jaata... jab koi tumhe dekhta hai toh." He defended himself, giving an angry shake of head.

She was overwhelmed by his possessiveness.

"Kisi ke dekhne se kuch nahi hota, Sameer. Main kabhi notice tak nahi karti koi dekhta hai ya nahi. Pehle kisi aur reason se nahi karti thi... ab mujhe sirf tumhari aankhon mein apna chehra nazar aata hai aur mere liye woh sab kuch hai." She said in a reassuring voice.

His brows creased, recalling something, then he remarked, "Jaise subah tumhe koi farq nahi pada tha, jab woh ladki mere paas aayi thi, haina?"

Her cheeks reddened. She lowered her eyes, "Woh alag baat thi. Usne directly tumpe... tumhe... tumse baat ki thi."

He smirked at her fumbling, "Isliye tumne uski aisi class li ki woh apni niece ko bhool ke wahan se bhaag gayi."

"I don't think uski koi niece thi bhi. Woh sirf tumse baat karne ka bahana tha." She said sharply, looking up.

"How do you know?" Her jealousy made his heart swell.

Naina hesitated before replying in a low voice, "Jaise Kamya ke baare mein pata chala... waise hi."

"Umm, achha ab batao... MKK ka matlab kya hota hai?" The word was stuck in his mind and he found this to be the perfect time to ask.

"MKK?" She tried to feign ignorance.

"Tumne kaha tha na. What does it mean? Kuch mere liye hi hai par kya?" He was adamant.

Naina recalled hearing this term from Sanya once in her early days in office. She had used it for Sameer. Naina hadn't bothered to think much of it that time, but she was indeed amazed how it had stayed in her mind.

"Tumhe Sanya yaad hai? Production department mein thi." She said after a thoughtful pause.

"Of course yaad hai. Tumhari dost thi. Maine bohot baar tumhare group ko cafe mein dekha tha." He did not clarify that 'bohot bar' meant almost every day.

"She... liked you." Naina stated.

Sameer raised his brows, "Oh! Uski bhi class li thi kya, jo aaj achanak yaad aa gayi... ya phir tumse darr kar hi bhag gayi woh bhi." He chuckled.

Naina blushed, shaking her head, "Jab tak woh thi tab tak mujhe aisa kuch feel nahi hua tha... shayad."

"Shayad?" Sameer was once again perplexed.

"Mujhe aane ke first week mein hi pata chal gaya tha ki woh tumhe pasand karti hai. Aur yeh bhi ki tum kisi ko dekhte tak nahi. Vedika aur Farhan ne kai baar Sanya ko samjhaya ki usse tumhare baare mein koi expectation nahi rakhni chahiye kyonki tumne kabhi kisi mein interest dikhaya hi nahi tha."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें