Naina uske mere dil pe chappe... ab jaun kahan pe... dil ruka hai wahan pe

Title is the song 'Rabba main toh marr gaya re' from movie 'Mausam'

Not just Ayush, previous chapter didn't have nanu, Vivek and Deepika too at the time of haldi, but no one missed them 😂 Actually, many other characters were brought in so could not include these. But since you all missed Ayush so much, I have to justify his absence. So here you go

Ayush looked from one to another as Sameer and Naina reached the bottom of the stairs.

Sameer was surprised to see him seated on the steps in the center, "Arre Ayush, tum yahan kyon baithe ho? Tum haldi lagane kyon nahi aaye?"

He wrinkled his nose, "Mujhe yeh wali holi achhi nahi lagi."

Naina smiled, "Baby, yeh holi nahi shaadi hai."

Ayush gave her an accusing look, "Jhoot kyon bol rahi ho tum. Shaadi toh beautiful wali hoti hai. Tum aur Sameer papa bilkul bhi beautiful nahi lag rahe."

Sameer stepped ahead to tell him about haldi, but Ayush scampered back two more steps, "Naiii, aap aise mere paas mat aao. Mujhe yeh wala colour nahi lagana."

Deepika saw them and came running to Ayush, "Haan toh mat laga na. Maine bola tha tujhe yeh colour sirf unke liye hai jinki shaadi hai."

She looked up at her brother and Naina, "Ayush ne haldi lagte hue dekhi toh usse laga holi khel rahe hain. Usne mujhse pichkari maangi... Naina bhabhi ka colour saaf karne ke liye."

Naina turned to Sameer, "Ayush ko colours nahi paani se khelna pasand hai. Holi mein woh paani mein colours daal leta hai lekin sookhe rang nahi lagane deta kisi ko."

Sameer held out his hand at Ayush, "Tumhe pichkari wali holi khelni hai?"

Ayush nodded, but did not come ahead to hold Sameer's hand which still had traces of haldi.

Deepika chuckled, "Buddhu pichkari wali holi next month hai. Chal abhi kuch khaate hain. Pata hai, aaj jalebi bhi bani hai."

Forgetting everything, Ayush looked at her with delighted eyes, "Jalebi?"

She held his hand, making him stand up, and whispered to Sameer, "Aap dono jaake clean hoke aao. Warna Ayush aapke aas paas bhi nahi aane wala."

As he crossed them, Ayush withdrew to the extreme edge of handrail.

Naina sadly looked at his retreating back, "Thodi si haldi bhi nahi lagayi."

Sameer tapped her arm. When she looked at him, he winked, "Bachhe apne mummy papa ko haldi nahi lagate. Waise tum kaho toh uske hisse ki main laga deta hun... thodi kyon, jitni chaho lagwa lo."

Though he couldn't see her cheeks under a thick layer of yellow paste, he was sure they were glowing with the hue he loved on them.

"Tumne pehle hi sabse zyada lagayi hai." She murmured under her breath, quickly going up the stairs.

Sameer glanced back when he reached his door. To hang the translucent curtains and decorative hangings all around, a temporary framework had been placed with crisscross wooden beams, which marred direct view of first floor. He could see very little of the hall below. That meant they couldn't see him either.

Naina was about to close the door of her room when a foot appeared in between.

"Sameer. Tum iss time... kisi ne dekh liya..." Her gasp of surprise was cut short when he placed a hand on her mouth and entered her room swiftly, shutting the door behind him.

She stared at him with widened eyes. Sameer circled her waist with other arm, pulling her close, "Sab neeche enjoy kar rahe hain toh hum kyon peeche rahe."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें