Tujhko khona jaise khud ko khona hai

Title is the song 'Tu jo hai toh main hu' from mover 'Mr X'

"Sameer, tum... tum theek ho?" Naina's feeble voice was filled with frantic concern.

Another wave of emotions gushed through him. Lying here in the hospital, awake after a traumatic night that could have lasted for any length of time, her first thought was his well being. All he could do was nod, pursing his lips.

"Woh car... tum..." She couldn't form any more words as the scene flashed before her eyes, making her shudder.

"Naina, sirf car damage hui hai. Main andar nahi tha. Mujhe toh ek kharonch tak nahi aayi. Sachhi. Dekho, main bilkul theek thaak tumhare saamne baitha hun." He straightened, spreading his free arm.

Her eyes scanned his face and whatever she could see, and a relief softened her brown orbs. She attempted to raise her other hand to touch him, but looked beside her in confusion when his hand landed on her arm, halting the movement. After a few seconds of disorientation, her eyes widened as she registered the iv attached to her hand, the whiteness of hospital room, narrowness of the bed... her head jerked back at the sound of beeps, taking in familiar monitor screens.

Once again, she was hit by a sense of deja vu.

"Yeh sab... hospital... kya hua?" She looked at him, alarmed.

Sameer cupped her face, giving a soothing smile, "Kuch nahi. Tum... bas behosh ho gayi thi toh... checkup ke liye yahan laaye hain."

Her face turned more sallow as she gulped, her eyes filled with panic, "Ki... kitne din?"

He thought she wanted to know how long she would remain in hospital. He was about to answer when the real meaning dawned on him seeing her press her lip under her teeth to prevent its quivering.

He quickly squeezed her hand more to his heart where it still lay, and replied softly, "Din nahi, bas ek raat. Kal raat tum behosh hui thi. Doctor ne medicines di thi unki wajah se tum aaram se raat bhar soyi, aur ab uth gayi."

"Medicines? Kyon? Sameer, please sach sach batao kya hua mujhe? Aur tum..." Her eyes roved over him again, trying to see any signs of passage of time, more than what he said. But he was wearing the same clothes that she remembered him in. His face looked tired, yet his eyes seemed delighted.

Before he could erase her doubts, the doctor arrived, who had been informed of Naina's state by the nurse.

"Good morning, kaisa feel kar rahi hain aap?" Doctor asked in a cheerful voice, glancing at the screens behind her.

Sameer stood up and stepped aside, giving space to doctor. Naina's eyes followed him, checking him from head to toe. Seeing him safe and unhurt, the dread in her mind eased considerably.

"Koi discomfort ya pain mehsoos ho raha hai aapko?" Doctor's voice reminded her of the other reason of her anxiety.

Naina looked at her in apprehension, "Main kabse behosh thi doctor? Kya main... kahin main coma..."

Doctor gave her a comforting smile, "Aapki tabiyat kal raat thodi bigad gayi thi. Shayad stress se chakkar aa gaya. Kuch tension ki baat nahi hai. Raat bhar ki neend ke baad ab app bilkul fit lag rahi hain."

Naina let out the breath she was holding, "Main theek hun." She tried to sit up, and her hand shot up behind her head where a sharp pain made her squeeze her eyes shut.

"Doctor, Naina ko..." Sameer was beside her in a flash, holding her.

"Nothing to worry." Doctor made Naina lie back, then turned her head to examine the spot, "Girne ki wajah se sar ke peeche thodi chot aayi hai. Do teen din mein heal ho jayegi."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें