Tu saamne baitha rahe... tujhe dekha karu raat din

So here we are again. Extremely sorry for falling off from this radar. Went through a real rough patch. After battling with meningitis and its after effects which gave light sensitivity to my eyes and a severe back problem, I tested positive for Covid and had to go through another exhausting routine of tests and medicines. It's unfortunate that it happened when we were so close to the end of this story. Sorry that you all had to wait for so long. But I'm back now... to continue this journey of Samaina

Title is the song 'Dil na todunga' by Shambhavi Thakur... a song by BLive music

Hospitals had long back stopped scaring Naina. When she was a child, the mere name made her wince and whip up every possible excuse to her parents to avoid a visit if she fell sick. All those fears were quelled by cruel twists of fate.

Today, however, as she and Sameer stepped into one of the well known hospitals of Delhi, her heart thudded with apprehensions again. Harmeet had asked her to get a checkup done, to know the extent of healing. Dr Amrita Kaushal was his senior, and he had already discussed Naina's case with her.

Pleasant looking elderly Dr Amrita smiled at her warmly when they were seated in her room, "Hello Naina. Harmeet ne aapke treatment ki details bheji hain mujhe. I think he has given you the best possible solution. Let's see abhi kya state hai."

Sameer waited while Naina was taken for a check up. He looked around the room. Several pictures of chubby babies flashing toothless smile adorned the walls. Unknowingly, his lips curled. He recalled the one time when he had visited Sanjay after his daughter was born. Ojal was about four months old at that time. He had instantly fallen in love with her every antic. The way she grinned at him... the way she kicked in air, which was a demand to be picked up, Sanjay had told him... the way she clutched his shirt when he held her. Everything felt so... so satisfying.

Sameer straightened with a jerk, vexed at the direction of his thoughts. He had felt a similar longing when he met Arun and Anjali's daughter in New York. But he didn't want to nurture this desire. He wasn't ready to kindle something that may or may not be in store. And if it wasn't, he didn't want to hurt Naina by showing his disappointment. Her own hopes had soared since the surgery. He had seen her eyes glitter with new dreams. He couldn't lie to himself... he was dreaming too. But he didn't want Naina to feel that she was the cause of any distress if they were fated to face one.

The sound of door brought him out of his thoughts. While doctor walked back to her chair on the opposite side, he looked at Naina as she settled on the one next to him. She smiled, but he could see that it didn't completely reflect in her eyes.

Doctor Amrita cleared her throat, making them turn their attention to her, "Well, things are definitely better than before lekin..." She paused, making Sameer feel a nervous twist in his stomach, "...hamare paas abhi bhi koi definite answer nahi hai. Aapka case bohot complicated hai Naina, aapko pata hi hai. Jitni improvement abhi dikh rahi hai, yeh pregnancy ko support karne ke liye sufficient nahi hai. Main yehi suggest karungi ki aap jo medicines le rahi hain woh continue kijiye. Usmein ek addition kar rahi hun. Isse bhi start kar dijiye." She scribbled something on her prescription pad, and tore the paper. Slipping it inside the file that a nurse had brought in while she was talking, she forwarded it to Naina, "I'll see you next month."

Once they were seated in the car, Naina waited for Sameer to start, but he sat silently, his eyes fixated ahead.

"Kya hua Sameer? Kisika wait kar rahe ho kya?" She asked, perplexed.

He let out a long exhale before slowly turning to face her, "Are you upset?"

That is when it dawned on her. He was still lost in doctor's words. She smiled softly, "Sameer, humne decide kiya tha na, ki hum iss baat ko apni zindagi ka sabse important topic nahi banayenge."

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें