Jab koi mushkil pad jaaye... tum dena saath mera

Title is the song 'Jab koi baat bigad jaaye' from movie 'Jurm'

Second day of rest was equally boring for Naina. Though she wasn't bound to her room, there was nothing much to do outside either. Vishakha and Ramdhari ensured she didn't even move her finger for any work.

Sitting in her chair after lunch, she chuckled as she thought about Sameer's reaction in the morning. A person from Pathology Lab had come to take her blood sample. When he held her arm to tie the band, Sameer almost snapped, "Itna time kyon laga rahe ho, jaldi karo na."

He gave a perplexed look, and continued to do his work at the same speed. When he again moved ahead to check for her vein, Sameer propped on the sofa next to her, holding her hand securely, "Main pakadta hun."

"Sir, humein vein se blood sample lena hai. Agar syringe idhar udhar lag gayi toh ghaav ho jayega." He explained patiently.

Naina blinked at Sameer, telling him to relax. He was jittery not just because of the needle that was to be poked into her, but also at the way the attendant was holding her arm.

"Madam ko darr lagta hai injection se. Isliye main pakad leta hun." He shifted closer to her, placing his hand around her fist.

The boy looked at Naina's calm face, then at the sweat drops on Sameer's forehead, and smiled discreetly. He was well aware of the look of a person who was scared of needles. Only when he was gone did Sameer breathe easy.

Vishakha rolled her eyes, "Ab toh darna band kar de Sameer. Ayush tujhe aise dekehega toh kya kahega."

"Main... main thodi darr raha tha. Naina darr rahi thi. Main toh bas usse..." He tried to appear nonchalant.

Vivek laughed at his unsuccessful attempt, "Beta, yeh teri maa hai. Aaj tak main isse bewakoof nahi bana paaya toh tu kaise karega."

"Papa." Sameer frowned, "Main sach bol raha hun." And sprinted up the stairs to his room, "Late ho raha hai. Main bag aur files leke aata hun."

What appeared funny in the morning overwhelmed her now. He was effected so deeply by her pain. Should she talk to him about telling the truth to the family... or it would be too distressing for him. Probably it was better to not say anything now, neither to him, nor to anyone else. As he had explained to her once, some things should be left to time.

That evening, she did not mention it. Sameer was relieved to find her looking better than the previous day. Later in the evening, doctor visited them to check the reports. Except for a little heamoglobin deficiency, all was in order. She prescribed some capsules and asked her to include the intake of iron rich food in her diet. When Naina asked her specifically about carrying on with work, she said it was absolutely fine to resume her normal schedule.

Next few days passed on in a blink. Deepika and Ayush were catching up on their studies, grown ups were back to work, busy with whatever was left pending due to their involvement in the wedding. Vishakha was on phone for hours, accepting praises for the grand arrangements and her beautiful daughter in laws. Nanu enjoyed his days of leisure, going back to his love for gardening.

It was Friday night, after a very busy day in office, where Sameer had been tied up in a meeting throughout the day with Vivek and some important clients. He had asked Naina to leave on time. He didn't want her to cut short her time with Ayush.

Upon reaching home well past dinner time, which he and Vivek had with the clients, he first checked on Ayush who was peacefully sleeping. With a satisfied smile, he walked to his room. He didn't expect to find it vacant. Naina wasn't anywhere in sight. His eyes drifted to the terrace, but she wasn't visible there either... at least in the portion that was in his view. Putting aside his bag and taking off the blazer, he went near the glass door. At the farthest end, Naina stood with her back to him. She must have gone out minutes back, else she would have noticed the cars coming in. He went out with soft steps, planning to surprise her.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें